Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,105 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Re: Moto Z Force Droid extreme battery drain since Oreo update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize for any apparent misunderstanding, DIGMYSHOVEL. The previously mentioned steps are a one time process. If you have gone through the steps provided, please send a screen shot of the Settings>Battery>Usage Details.

We understand you frustration about the inconvenience of this issue. We are working diligently with the manufacturer to have this issue resolved as quickly as possible. 

0 Likes
DIGMYSHOVEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can you post pics on here?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

DIGMYSHOVEL wrote:

Can you post pics on here?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

DIGMYSHOVEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm probably the only one person alive that doesn't have a PC...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

DIGMYSHOVEL wrote:

I'm probably the only one person alive that doesn't have a PC...

Posting images on the forum can be completed on other devices besides a PC. The main thing is being sure to use the full desktop view of the site to have the same functionality as a PC. For example, this image was created on a tablet and inserted into the community forum from that same tablet.

Screenshot_20180903-153043.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MARKAS39
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same problems since Oreo, phone drains in less than 3 hours when I could use it fairly heavily for calls most if the day and still have 60% with use from 500am to 800pm. I went to a Verizon corporate store and since I have insurance they sent a replacement Moto Z Force to me. I went through resetting up my device, only have a couple of essential apps, United, Marriott, Hertz and Expensify. All else that can be disabled is. Battery is in optimization mode.

Same issue with the new phone. 

jr1234
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same issue here. After doing all the above mentioned trouble shooting: factory reset etc took the phone into a verizon store a few weeks ago. Since the phone was only 6 mo old they sent me a replacement Mot Z Force that is having the EXACT SAME ISSUE. Can go to bed with it charged to 85% and wake up at 25%- no unusual app usage, no explanation under the "battery usage" function or Verizon's "Health Check". Have to charge the phone constantly throughout the day if I want to use it at all.

Did an online chat with a verizon rep this morning and supposedly the manufacturer is working on a fix but that is all the help they could offer. Phone is paid for but realllly don't want to buy a new one since I expect more than 6-7 months worth of usage from a $700+ phone. My kids have 2 and 3+ year old samsung and lg phones that currently get better battery life than this one.

MARKAS39
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think another phone will help. I have looked at this for all the top smart phones. They are all reporting issues. Saw same the of posts on T-Mobile today about the Ssmsung thinking I might switch to a 9+

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a phone that operates normally with out increased battery drain is important. I would feel the same if my device did not hold a charge like before. Let's review this more together to make sure we have tried all options. Please complete a device health check by using the following steps listed here http://spr.ly/6588DLKLp. What were you results after completing this?  

Jasper_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ANGROL82
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Moto is doing the same thing. No increased use, just teriible battery life. Like unbelievably terrible battery life and abysmal battery charging, likes its draining so fast the charger barely keeps up. Why should people have to go in and delete, disable, or anything else just to compensate for third very expensive device having an obvious malfunction? Verizon and Moto needs to step up and fix this... Now... Or legal action IS going to follow very soon.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service