Re: Moto Z Force Droid extreme battery drain since Oreo update
Heyviator
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just wanted to chime in and voice my disgust at how this is being handled.

Seeing "We understand how important having a working phone is" over and over is maddening. Please stop posting this garbage. Whoever is managing you folks is a clown.

Verizon prides itself and builds its entire image on reliability which is certainly why I use them. It is not hard for Lenovo to fix this, it is just that no one cares. Both companies are losing so much faith from your followers and you keep saying the exact same useless garbage over and over.

You all need new jobs, and we need new phones. This issue has persisted since December! and you leave all of your customers hanging. I've never felt so helpless. Lenovo and Verizon should send us all new phones and then everyone with knowledge of this issue should be promptly dragged to prison.

You're all truly terrible people.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on the new arrival, AARONHASELWOOD! First off, I want to apologize for the misinformation regarding a five-year warranty. That is not accurate and I am sorry you had to find out from Motorola. I know how you feel because my Android (Google Pixel) has serious issues from the Oreo update developed by Android (Google). I, myself, and everyone else eagerly await the next update to fix all the issues that the software update caused. At this time, there is still nothing on the Motorola or Google websites to give any indication these issue is being addressed. Since you have only $51.00 left to pay on your device, and with the new baby on the way, it sounds like the perfect time to upgrade. When you are ready, please send us a Direct Message on Twitter and we can go over your options, as well as other account solutions.

Tina_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DIGMYSHOVEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah pay us more $$$ for messing up your phone....

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
AARONHASELWOOD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep this was exactly Verizon's response to me after spending an hour and a half chatting with them.

I verified my account early this morning and received a message back that said a representative would be with me shortly. I finally messagme them again at 8:15 pm asking why no one has replied... I then spent the next hour and a half as I was bounced around by four different people that sometimes took up tot15 minutes to reply to me. One telling me that a warranty replacement was an option, while the last person told me my only option was to pay off my current phone, pay the $30 upgrade fee, the tax on a new phone and then pay the monthly payments for the next 24 months on said phone!

Pay, pay, pay. Customer service has been absolutely awful. When I had a similar problem with AT&T 6 or 7 years ago when my phone was acting up shortly before it was paid off an I was not yet eligible for an upgrade. Because my phone was in good shape with no physical damage, they quickly wiped out what I owed and allowed me to upgrade to a new phone, I walked out of the store same day with no money out of pocket (besides a new phone payment plan).

Customer service has gone down the drain.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AARONHASELWOOD, as the heart of our Verizon family, we never want to hear this feeling of grievance you're currently experiencing. We understand how important it is to have a functioning device. It's vital we review our options to ensure this gets fixed as quick as possible. We want to confirm that your time is being used to the best of our ability. Currently, we're seeing the last step you were at was the Factory Reset. While hesitant to perform this step, we still want to confirm that this would be more of a device issue, rather then service. If you would like we have other methods of reaching out to you as quick as possible. To start, we ask that you meet us on Twitter through our hand : @VZWSupport or, at our Facebook page by clicking the following link. Once we are able to speak with you on one of these platforms, we'll be more than happy to look into and come to a resolution regarding your Z-Droid : http://www.facebook.com/Verizon .

0 Likes
AARONHASELWOOD
Enthusiast - Level 2

With everyone on this thread that is having the exact same issues, there must be someone who has done the factory reset on their phone, correct? Has that worked for you? Has there been any improvement? Took my phone off the charger at 6:35 this morning, 30 minutes later I'm already down to 78% and it would probably be worse if my Tumi everyone battery hadn't kicked in at 80%.

0 Likes
DIGMYSHOVEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did not change a thing on mine after factory reset except the hassle of setting my phone back up. Battery life is exactly the same. Motorola claims that is the final step to determine if you need a new phone or not. Argued with him about it and got nowhere...other than "maybe call Google they built the update"

0 Likes
DIGMYSHOVEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just spent the day wasting my time with the Facebook link to Verizon, updated my phone from my pc in the end of it all and no change... nothing$149.00 won't fix

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DIGMYSHOVEL, we are hearing the concern of you and the other customers here. We are working diligently to find a solution for all customers impacted. The latest resolution that has shown some success is performing the following in the listed order:

Please complete a Factory Data Reset, without restoring any apps, content or inserting any SD Cards into the device; followed by the recalibrating process (see below). Once both are completed test the device for 72 hours and confirm battery life with MVD.

Recalibrate the battery
Press and hold the power button until the phone reboots (10secs)
Plug phone into the OEM Turbo charger
Allow phone to charge to 100% (leave on the charger overnight).

If the behavior persists please provide screenshots of the entire Battery screen. (Settings > Battery > Usage Details)

Melissa_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DIGMYSHOVEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah I guess that is the downfall to these forums because I have already stated I have done the soft reboot, hard reset , and re-downloaded the 8.0 from a PC and honestly it seems worse each time. I am currently shopping Sprint and us cellular just for the fact I've been with Verizon for 17yrs, have 3 lines  and this is terrible I'm not spending $150 because the update renders my phone useless without a cord

​Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service