Re: Moto Z Force Droid extreme battery drain since Oreo update
posies
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yup...same here. This is my 3rd Moto z Droid in less than 2 years...each one exchanged after an update made my phone unuseable. And yet, it takes months for them to acknowledge (if then)that the problem is the update, not the user or phone. They offered to replace it a 4th time but theres no reason to believe this will improve, so i finally got a z2 force yesterday. Didn't transfer my game progress like it has in the past but at least I can use it, including the camera, without having to be pugged in!

AARONHASELWOOD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having the exact same issues with my battery since upgrading to Oreo. Went into a Verizon store to see about upgrading. Still had $51 to pay off the current phone plus a $30 fee for upgrading early. After I explained my issues with my current phone the rep told me to call Motorola because they have a 5 year warranty. After calling Motorola I found out the rep had no idea what he was talking about. The warranty on my current Moto Z Force expired last February.

My wife is pregnant and due with our first baby in 5 weeks. I need a phone with a reliable battery so that I know that if she goes into labor my phone won't be tethered to a wall and I'll be able to answer it without it shutting down on me!

DIGMYSHOVEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Currently my father lives 12hrs away and his wife (my step mother) just passed way a few weeks ago, and I cannot count how many times my phone has just shut off while talking to him even at battery above 60%.  Might as well go back to a landline if I have to live with a cord... My phone is paid for and out of warranty so Verizon and Motorola don't care unless I want to spend $150 some dollars for a replacement that o shouldn't need at one point Motorola was claiming it's a Google issue not them but I don't care Verizon sold me the phone made by Motorola so someone needs to buck up and handle it... I'd be 1st o the list for a class action lawsuit at this point I'm beyond annoyed.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sky123, We're sorry to hear about the software update causing your phone to shut off, we're here to help. Since the update have you completed a factory data reset on the phone?

Trinette_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

AARONHASELWOOD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not, the only thing that helps my battery life is the original Tumi external battery. I am hesitant to do a factory reset because it is a pain to get all of my apps downloaded and placed where I had them before.

Aaron

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
DIGMYSHOVEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

Factory reset changed nothing...

Is there anyone having issues with a Moto z2 or z play? Seems like it is just the original Moto z

0 Likes
Looneyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

"do you recall recent changes, new applications download, physical damage to your device?"

No.
No.
And, No.

As I explained in a previous comment, this phone was only being used as a spare/emergency device. For the most part it would be sitting in it's holder, either fully powered down, or idle with the screen off, until the battery was drained, at which point I would plug it in to charge. Pre-Oreo that could take days at least, sometimes even longer if no one touched the phone at all. Now, post-Oreo, I have a several years old Samsung Galaxy SIII that has a longer lasting battery. There was an OTA update that seemed to improve things slightly for idle drain, but under what I would consider normal use the battery is still draining from 100% to dead within a few hours if I'm lucky.

Looneyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just powered up the phone, with every service I can turn off, turned off. No wifi, no 4G, no GPS, no BT, ect.. I'm going to let it sit for a bit and see how the battery does, but I'm  not very hopeful since the battery dropped from 100% to 97% in the few seconds I was shutting everything down. 

0 Likes
MAUNA-POI
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don’t you just love the exact same responses back and forth......time for Motorola or who ever issued the faulty update to admit it. 

DIGMYSHOVEL
Enthusiast - Level 3

NO DOUBT! tired of the same terrible questions they know it's no right make it right!

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes