Moto Z Force Droid--Problem Hearing Texts
hba123

Just got this phone as replacement for old phone no longer made.  I seem to be having a problem with texting.  When I am in a specifc messaging thread, when a new text on this thread comes, Ithere is no sound.  If the thread is not opened, I hear the sound.  Verizon tech said all my settings are fine and this just seems to be how it is.  Anyone else?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Moto Z Force Droid--Problem Hearing Texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there hba123,
I know how important it is to be able to hear all of your text messages come in. That is my primary means of communication, so I know it's imperative to have this working properly. I'll be happy to help and get down to the bottom of this once and for all. You stated in a specific thread you're not able to hear the notification, what kind of thread is this? What is the platform of text messages you are using ( factory messaging app or a third party app)? When is the last time the phone has been checked to ensure the software is current (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/motorola-moto-z-droid-editions-update/)? The reason I ask is that I would like to make sure we cover all of our bases. 

JenniferL_VZW

If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hba123

Hi.  The thread I am referring to is any chain of text messages.  For instance, if there is a train of texts with someone, if my phone is open to that chain of texts, it will not make a sound to notify me that a text came in.  If I close texts and am on my home creen, then I hear the sound notifying me.  I am using the messaging platform that came on the phone.  I also tried another one with the same thing happening.  The phone was a replacememnt for my old Droid Maxx, and I have only had it a couple of weeks.  Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hba123,

I thank you for the details. What happens when you are on another text thread and receive a message while you are in that particular thread? Are all notification settings set to on? Just in case: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206586/

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
hba123

Hi.  All notifications are on.  If I am in another thread, and a text comes in for the previous thread, I get a sound notification.  It is only for the thread I am in that I dont get one.  Is this model phone just made that way?  Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The device is working as it is intended.

FranciscoP_VZW

0 Likes
hba123

Thank you.

0 Likes