Moto Z Droid Battery Issue
ROCK7X7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Moto Z phone that worked great up until a couple of months ago when all of a sudden the battery started draining at an alarming pace. Also it sometimes just shuts off and it locks up frequently. My husband got his Moto Z at the same time and his is not acting up at all leaving me to believe it is something wrong with my particular phone. Also it is intermittent as to how fast it drains and appears to be random when it chooses to shut down... sometimes when it reads as much as 50% battery left. Help! I just got this phone paid off and should not need another $750 phone so soon.

Labels (1)
Re: Moto Z Droid Battery Issue
bretta_vzw
Verizon Employee

I am very sorry to hear about the battery draining and powering off issues you are experiencing on your Moto Z phone, ROCK7X7. I will be more than happy to go through some steps to make sure that we get down to the bottom of this to ensure that the battery of your phone is behaving correctly. Do you happen to have a Moto Z Force, Moto Z2 Force, or Moto Z Play device? Can you please describe how the battery of your device used to drain in comparison to how it is now? Did you do anything different or out of the ordinary with your device such as downloading a new application for example prior to this happening?

BrettA_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROCK7X7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Moto Z Force. It used to take over a day to drain. I removed all the programs added plus some since it started acting up. I did the battery reset twice but that didn't help.

0 Likes
SELAHJRIC
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi. Unfortunately, I appear to be having the same problem that you are having with my Verizon andorid phone. It is a Moto Z Droid on Android version 8.0.0. It seemed to be operating ok until a few months back.

It shuts down randomly even when screen display shows battery percentage 40% or greater.

Like some other users that have noted this problem or similar on various forums, it often appears that the phone shuts itself down even though the battery setting shows battery power remaining and low usage from the apps. I have tried several of the suggested tips for resolving the issue... I have checked the storage & usage of the apps on the phone, but none seem to be using more than 15%. I cleared the cache of my most used apps & also wiped the phone cache, but the issue still seems to exist.

It appears consistent that the battery power indicated is NOT the same as indicated when the phone is powered up or charging. On the charger it will display 100%, but once off the charger, it seems to die within an hour or so, without much usage of the phone.

I’ve also uninstalled & disabled several of the apps on my phone, but the random shut down issue is still happening with the phone, so no luck...

rashadm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We appreciate those details ROCK7X7 and want to ensure we continue working towards a solution. Can you tell us about how long the battery is lasting after it is fully charged? Are you using the original charger that came with the phone or a different charger that you purchased? Does the device have any physical/liquid damage at all?

0 Likes
gmsantiago77
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you share the fix publicly?

josepht_vzw
Verizon Employee

SELAHJRIC,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We absolutely want you to be able to use your phone without having to worry about when it will run out of battery. Help is here. When it drains fast/shuts down, are you doing anything specific (texting, browsing the web, etc)? Does this happen on Wi-Fi or does it happen on LTE? Does this happen everywhere you go? We ask that because a huge tax on battery resources is when your phone is experiencing low signal and constantly searching for a better connection. Please let us know details so we can better assist.

JosephT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JamMasterD
Enthusiast - Level 1

So what's the fix, if I didn't have the charger mod I would be asking for a new phone or leave Verizon and I have been with them since the 90's , they used to have really great technical support but now it's just people reading from a manual and have no hands on experience and want to tell you a master reset fixes everything and it doesn't

BILLPRES42
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did not see any fix for this problem. Seems a lot of people have the same problem. Can I get a replacement phone.dont need another 25.dollar a month payment

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us here, gmsantiago77. What have you tried so far to correct this issue? CecileC_VZW

0 Likes