MMS Unavailable On Network
shay9999
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having an issue with sending MMS. I have a Moto Z3, just recently upgraded. This phone is lovely but it periodically will refuse to send MMS. Restarting the phone seems to fix the issue. It most commonly happens overnight, where my bedroom has no cell service and uses primarily wifi. When leaving the bedroom MMS becomes unavailable. Are there any solutions other than restarting my phone every morning?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: MMS Unavailable On Network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

shay9999,

We understand how important is to have all your services working properly. We would like to assist in any way possible. To clarify some details, does this happen everywhere or just at home? Can you please confirm the city, state and/or ZIP Code where you have trouble? Are you having any issues with other services on your phone?

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes
shay9999
Enthusiast - Level 1

It occurs after a night at home. I am unable to send MMS wherever I am until I've restarted my phone after a night at home. My zip code is 93940.

The only other issue I'm facing is when I restart my phone, Spotify will redownload all songs and change where it saves the songs, but that's very unrelated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking back in with us, shay9999. Being able to send picture/video messages is a must and we'll tackle this problem together. I don't see any similar reported issues for your area when checking the zip code. Just to confirm, are you using our Verizon Messages app or the standard messaging app that came installed on the device?

Please reference the link attached on how to Force Stop and Clear Data on your messaging app. You don't lose any personal information or text messages by completing this step, it simply clears out any issues caused by the app itself. Please keep us posted on any changes. http://spr.ly/6602EqcOE

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
shay9999
Enthusiast - Level 1

After work today I noticed it again so I reset the messages app. It still refused to send after clearing the data. I decided to test if it was a network issue so I open Verizon Messages and the MMS sent. This may just be a Messages app issue 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to hear of this continued difficulty with MMS not being available on the network, Shay9999. Let's keep working on a solution to this issue. Are you having this MMS issue when you try to send a message to one person or several? Do you have any third party messaging app on your device? Are you connected via Wi-Fi?

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes