How to find the IMEI on Moto Z Droid if the phone is not working?
aussj4link

My phone, now for the second time in a matter of only a few months, has stopped working. Just like last time, I went to turn it on and it refuses, instead it just endlessly vibrates. So far this experience with this phone has been the worst out of all the phones I've ever had. I regret the day I bought it for 800$. Still, I need a phone, so I have to use the warranty. However, they need the IMEI number from the phone and without it working, I can't simply look it up on the phone itself. Is there a way to get it otherwise?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to find the IMEI on Moto Z Droid if the phone is not working?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It wasn't etched on the back of the phone? Do you still have the original box from the phone purchase? Was it on the purchase receipt?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
aussj4link

No it's not on the phone itself. No the original box was lost almost a year ago. The replacement phone came in a different box as it was obviously refurbished. And it's not on the original receipt either.

I went to the store today and they told me that warranties can only be claimed once. So despite the fact they gave me a faulty 800$ replacement that had the same problem, I'm out of luck . I just have to go without a phone for a while until I can get enough money to get a different one. Really regret buying that phone.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
joey2007ua64
Contributor - Level 3

aussj4link wrote:

I went to the store today and they told me that warranties can only be claimed once.

They are wrong.  Replacement devices have either a 90 day warranty or are covered until the original device's warranty ends.  Whichever is longer.

aussj4link wrote:

However, they need the IMEI number from the phone and without it working, I can't simply look it up on the phone itself. Is there a way to get it otherwise?

You can view the IMEI of your current devices by logging into your My Verizon account and selecting My Devices.

devices.png

Motorola Support - Find Answers | Motorola Mobility, Inc.

You can also register the IMEI with Motorola and perform the warranty claim through them directly.

0 Likes
aussj4link

3 people at that store agreed on the one time use of the warranty. If they are wrong, that's gonna take a little more convincing. Got the page where it states this by chance?

As for the "My devices" page showing the IMEI, here's clicking on the "My device" link:

Dropbox - Screenshot 2018-10-31 23.20.31.png

And here's what the page shows:

Dropbox - Screenshot 2018-10-31 23.20.58.png

No IMEI is shown. Unless I have the wrong page, I don't think it shows on the site so I'll have to find another source.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be equally upset if my phone stopped working after a few months Aussj4link. This does not sound right at all. I am here to help to see what options you have. What is going on with your device? Since you have spoken to us before, I would like to review your account and warranty. Please check your inbox. 

Amber_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes