How Do I Get Notifications On My Moto Z Play?
annab24

Why when my Moto Z Play screen is dark, do i not get notifications other than the screen lighting up briefly? When the screen is lit up, i get the normal notification sounds for alerts (texts, etc) but if the screen is dark, all i get is a pop up briefly. is there a setting? I cannot find one.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why when my Moto Z Play screen is dark, do i not get notifications other than the screen lighting up briefly?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Moto Z is an awesome device, annab24. To save battery life and to not be constantly disturbed, the notification alerts are on silent. You can adjust this in your Do Not Disturb Mode in your Moto Z. Basically, you would be turning on priority alerts, so you are notified all the time.

Settings > Sound & notification > Do not Disturb

Choose Priority and then turn on the notifications that you wish to receive.

For more information please check here. http://bit.ly/2jF0omU

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why when my Moto Z Play screen is dark, do i not get notifications other than the screen lighting up briefly?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check your Active Display settings in the Moto application and the phone settings.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
annab24

Nope this didn't work. I still did not give sound notifications when the screen is dark. Any one else have suggestions?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you already go through the Sounds and notifications section of the Settings?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
annab24

Yes. As far as I can see, the settings are what they should be.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Moto Z is an awesome device, annab24. To save battery life and to not be constantly disturbed, the notification alerts are on silent. You can adjust this in your Do Not Disturb Mode in your Moto Z. Basically, you would be turning on priority alerts, so you are notified all the time.

Settings > Sound & notification > Do not Disturb

Choose Priority and then turn on the notifications that you wish to receive.

For more information please check here. http://bit.ly/2jF0omU

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes