Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Re: Extreme battery drain
IrritatedAMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

It says all my phones(two are Motorola Z Droids) are "not compatible" for any of the equipment protection options.

0 Likes
jdkcpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem My started after the security update on the 23rd of November. I went to the Verizon store and they are worthless.

Waiting to hear back from Motorola!!

0 Likes
jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

I really appreciate you giving those checks on your phone as well as with insurance a try, IrritatedAMD. Seeing your battery drain that quickly after unplugging it is indeed an issue and I want to find a solution. I know you indicated you already tried a lot of the hints and tips and technical support recommendations you came across during your forum search but without knowing exactly what was done, I'd like to make sure we don't miss any critical solutions. With that in mind, I'd like to have you recalibrate the battery. To do this, press and hold the power button until the phone reboots (10 seconds) and then plug the phone into the original Motorola Turbo charger into the device. Allow the phone to charge to 100% (preferably, leave on the charger overnight). IF you still notice the battery draining within the first 72 hours of testing, please use the steps from https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205258/ to place your phone into Safe Mode and see if the battery continues to drain as quickly with that mode enabled. It will disable the use of installed 3rd party applications but allow us to make sure we can discover the root cause of the battery dying so quickly. Keep me posted on what happens.

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jdkcpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found this solution on another thread and it seems to have helped with the drain.

I am a bit concerned that Verizon is not aware of this as a probable cause of the drain and a possible workaround if it is not the cause.

1. In settings, "Apps & notifications">"App info"

a. Find AppFlash. This is a Verizon addon to the Oreo Upgrade. (Odd they did not tell us this!!) Clear data, clear cache then disable

b. Find Google Play Services. "Storage">Clear Cache. Then "Data Usage" Disable Background data.

c. You might also want to look at some other apps and also disable "background data"

It took me a day and a lot of time on the charger before the battery life came back to a more normal drain. I am still not sure it is as good as it used to be. But much better.

Hope this helps and if so spread the word to the Moto Community.

Regards

0 Likes
IrritatedAMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Those are the same steps I was given when I first contacted support about this issue. It still does not solve the problem. Any other ideas would be appreciated!

0 Likes
IrritatedAMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

AppFlash showed that there wasn't any data stored on my phone. I disabled it anyway and also cleared the cache on Google Play Store. We will see if that helps! Which other apps did you modify?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to us that we get your battery back up and running the way it should, IrritatedAMD. Were you able to test your device in Safe Mode? If yes, what were the results?

0 Likes
IrritatedAMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure how many different ways I can answer the same few questions you people keep asking me! I have tried ALL the things that have been recommended multiple times and the outcome has been the same: the battery starts draining as soon as I disconnect from the charger. Please STOP asking me to do the same things that don't work and then request my feedback! So can we PLEASE start looking for a real solution?? I would like to take advantage of the holiday sales if there is no way to fix this phone but you have been dragging this out to the point where I have already missed the best ones.

And just so we are clear: my phone functions just as poorly in safe mode.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello IrritatedAMD

My phone is my lifeline, so I completely understand your frustration with a draining battery. Let's get to the bottom of this and find you a resolution, once and for all. I have sent you a Private Message, so we can make sure you are using a reliable device. I look forward to your reply.

ChristinaB_VZW

VZWSupport

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
IrritatedAMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received and responded to your private message as directed but have heard nothing more. Will the next message contain information to help me fix my phone? Hard to believe, but it has actually gotten worse! It now drains while it is charging (at least that is at a reasonable rate) and periodically will turn off in the time it takes me to walk the ten feet from the outlet it was plugged into to my purse by the door! Please give me some useful assistance soon.

0 Likes

Add thoughts to the community

Start a new topic or ask questions in the open forum.