Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Extreme battery drain
IrritatedAMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there a solution to the battery drain issue yet? I've read through pages and pages of comments on multiple sites (not just Verizon or Motorola) regarding the sudden excessive battery drain once the phone is taken off the charger and have found nothing that actually works. I too have tried all the hints and tips and technical support recommendations and continue to see my battery charge drop significantly within seconds of removal from the charger. Has anyone who paid the $150 and sent in their phone seen an improvement? I have held off with that "option" since I have read there is a backlog and phones are not being returned in a reasonable amount of time. I'm not here to add to the list of finger-pointing and complaints, I just want answers. Real answers that work.

Labels (1)
Re: Extreme battery drain
HeyRadar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Jump on the Open Enrollment for Extended Warranty (ends 11/25) and get a replacement device.

Your device has to be free of damage (cracked screen, no water damage, etc.), and be less than 2 years old.

0 Likes
IrritatedAMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

That would be great if my phone wasn't 2 years and 21 days old. But I'm just in time to catch the Black Friday deals....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have a working battery. When did you first notice this started happening? Were any changes made to your device around that time? Also, may we please have the make and model of your phone?

0 Likes
IrritatedAMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not added any new apps to the phone, only updated what was on it at the time I noticed the battery draining faster. I have checked the usage of the apps and that doesn't show an issue with any of them either. In the last few weeks, the battery draining went from annoying (needing to charge at night so it eoukwoulbe dead in the morning)to ridiculous (draining rapidly as soon as I disconnect it from the charger). There is NO physical damage to the phone. It is a Motorola Z Droid that I purchased at the end of October two years ago. Any suggestions you have that have not alrwalr been given are appreciated. I've tried the other options and they didn't work.

0 Likes
machineica

where and how to get on this open enrollment?

0 Likes
verizonmoderator2
VZ Employee Emeritus

Hello,

Please see Total Equipment Coverage, Wireless Phone Protection and Extended Warranty | Verizon Wireless

To take advantage of this.

Thank you,

Verizon moderator

0 Likes
evelynr_vzw
Verizon Employee

IrritatedAMD Thank you for the information. We want to dive a bit deeper into this for you. Have you updated your device software? Let’s perform a device health check using the My Verizon app. Please visit https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/  and follow the steps(share results.) Can you also check the device battery manager setting. Go to https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205173/  and follow the steps to review the unusual battery drain. We appreciate your patience during this process.

EvelynR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

machineica wrote:

where and how to get on this open enrollment?

The offer should available from your MyVerizon account online when signed in as the account owner. I know I was offered it and my phone is almost 2 years old now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
IrritatedAMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

The "checks" continue to show no issues. Yet if I unplug the phone from the wall, the battery soon begins to drain(I just looked and it dropped 3% in 2 minutes).

0 Likes

Add thoughts to the community

Start a new topic or ask questions in the open forum.