Edit Autocorrect
PegHines

Hi, I love my Moto Z Force so this is just an annoyance I'd like to fix. I want to edit an autocorrect word. I've found plenty of info on turning it off and have looked for the ability to edit in that settings area. I've been able to do this on past phones but can't find it on my Z Force. For this issue I'm unable to just teach it a word. I'm trying to get autocorrect to recognize that "i" with a space after it is incorrect and should be "I". Like I said...just annoyance but one I'd love to get rid of. Many thanks for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Edit Autocorrect
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This one is a thinker, PegHines. We’ll start by figuring out the keyboard used, and then try clearing the cache for that keyboard app.
Navigate to Settings > Language & input. Below Keyboard and input methods tap Virtual Keyboard. What do see listed ?
If Gboard is the first item, head to your phones Play Store and search for Gboard. Is there an update available? If not, uninstall and re-install Gboard.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.inputmethod.latin&hl=en

Let us know your results.

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Edit Autocorrect
PegHines

David,

Thanks so much!  Your fix worked beautifully.

Danke, Merci, Gracias, Obrigado, Grazie, Mahalo!

--Peggy

0 Likes