Delayed voicemail
Kirkpatrickc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Moto z3 and my voicemail notifications are delayed hours or days. The calls with the voicemail do not even show up as missed calls until the delayed voicemail shows up. I missed an important message yesterday because of this. I had a Droid Razor and never had this problem. I can make and receive calls and texts, but missed calls and voicemails are not showing up. I checked settings and everything seems to be okay. What's else shoulf I do. I am very frustrated.

Labels (1)
Re: Delayed voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to use your Voice Mail, Kirkpatrickc. Are you accessing your voicemail by dialing *86, or are you using visual voicemail?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
boredfool
Enthusiast - Level 2

Peter,

I have this same issue, I cannot comment on how the OP does it, but for visual voicemail there is no notification, either in the notification bar at the top or on the application icon itself. I have not tried *86 at all myself.  I have relied on the notification bar to let me know there is a voicemail before chacking. 

As for myself I have contact support, we did the network reset, reset the application itself and it did not resolve the issue.  I also have the Motorola Z3.

Scott

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@boredfool

I’m sorry to learn that you are also not receiving your voicemail notifications on your Motorola Moto Z3 device. I understand the importance of being able to receive your calls and important messages at all times. Allow me to help.

How long have you been experiencing this problem, and have you noticed this happening when you’re at a specific location or in a particular building? Are you also experiencing problems making or receiving calls, texts or making data connections on your device as well?

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
boredfool
Enthusiast - Level 2

Honestly, this has been going on for months and just hoped sooner or later an update would resolve it after resetting the network settings and voicemail application did not resolve the issue.

It isn't tied to a specific location, or any particlaur building.  People have called and left voicemails while I am at work, home, or travelling and the voicemail doesn't come through until some time during the night.  As in, they will call, I have nothing voicemail wise no matter how many times I refresh the visual voicemail, or reboot the phone.  When I wake up in the morning, I will have a notification that I have a voicemail.

There has been no issue with making, sending, or receiving calls and texts.  No issue with data connections.  I do not receive a voicemail notification when on Wifi, or not on Wifi.  

Scott

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details boredfool. I understand the frustration of having an issue with your voicemail notification. Have you tried a factory reset on your device? This would be the last step in our troubleshooting efforts to get this fixed. Here is a link with the steps https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-219239/ . This may help with the issue but make sure you back up all your data before performing this step. I would also like you to Clear the app cache on your device https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-219105/. After performing the two step above, please 

let us know if you're still having issues.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
boredfool
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry for my delay in response.  I did not get a notification that there was a reply.  

I just cleared the app cache and deleted everything in storage, and called to test it.  I received the notification this time. 

I am not sure whether that resolved or the recent update to Android OS.   I did that on April 9th. Have not received any calls since the update that went to voicemail.

Either way I will call this resolved for me, either with the update and clearing the cache and all voicemail data from the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No problem. We are glad to learn that you were able to successfully receive the notification after completing those two steps. If you need anything further, please do not hesitate to reach us. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/

JaimeG_VZW

0 Likes