Cannot Transfer data from Z Force to Computer
WARDSCHENK

I no longer have a pull down menu available to select what kind of files to transfer when I plug my Moto Z Force into my computer. I used to be able to do this, but it is no longer there. My computer will charge the phone but not acknowledge that the phone is plugged in.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot Transfer data from Z Force to Computer
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using the USB cable that came with the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Transfer data from Z Force to Computer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WARDSCHENK, being able to transfer files from the phone to a computer is a nice convenience, and we are here to help provide a solution. Ann154 asked a great question about ensuring you are using the USB cable that came with the phone. In addition, have you tried plugging the phone into a different USB port on the computer, if available to check if you get a different response? Please go to settings, select system updates and check for a system update to ensure the phone has the current software. Here is a web page showing all the steps for moving files from the phone to a computer to ensure the correct process is being used.

http://spr.ly/6589DT54X
DavidC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes