Abrupt Shutdown
Pathopax
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phone fully charged. Will diconnect from charger and use phone  briefly when it shutsdshut without warning. I have freed up space. Removed/uninstalled intrusive apps, went into safe mode and problem still arises. It's getting worse on a daily basis. 

Labels (1)
Re: Abrupt Shutdown
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to make sure you have a phone that is working properly, Pathopax. I appreciate the details on the steps you have already taken. Let's work together to get to the bottom of this. When did this start? What are you doing on the phone when it shuts down? Does this only happen shortly after taking it off the charger?

DerekR_VZW

0 Likes
Pathopax
Enthusiast - Level 2

It started roughly 2 weeks ago.

I had to remove several apps and free up memory on the internal drive according to the Verizon Health Check. I didn't remove apps that were intially installed with the phone. 

I did shut off sync and have turned it back on. 

Problem occurs mostly with messaging and anything that uses camera or file share. 

I also have 5 copper inlets missing on the back of the phone. They have been missing for well over a year. They only keep me from using my JBL speaker/power boost. Customer Support at Verizon stores are too incompetent. They dropped my phone after the first copper inlets was missing and caused 4 more to disappear. To add insult they tried to show me how to remove my microSD card and broke the plastic cover to it. Then told me I was not covered for a replacement.

0 Likes
Pghgrizzly
Enthusiast - Level 1

my wife and I both have the droid moto z. I can honestly say I hate the phone. we both have been having problems with them shutting down for no reason. i would have 70 percent battery and it would shut down.  the only way it would power back on is to have it plugged into a charger. we are so over it with these droids.

Pathopax
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here

This is the first out of 10 Motorola's I've owned that has had issues. Because of this Mod gimmick, I think that whoever the company merged or bought, really brought them down. 

I'm now constantly having to stay connected to a charger. 

All I wanted was a replica of my last phone. It at least lasted 5 years to the one. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear about your experience at the store location as our goal is to provide exceptional customer service 24/7. I understand you've completed a few troubleshooting steps. The final troubleshooting steps would be to disable automatic restore https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205171/, back up and perform a factory reset (which will erase all content and settings) https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-205215/. Advise us of any new results.

CoreyM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a customer I understand how important it is to be comfortable with our devices since we do depend on them on our day to day activities, we'll be glad to help out with this problem of your phone shutting down. Could you tell us when did this problem start? Have you made any recent software updates or app updates? AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
Pathopax
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please offer solutions before asking the customer to factory reset their device. It's good that you recommended backing up saved information. 

Never copy/paste a solution that simply asks what steps the customer has taken. If you read the dialog you would have seen the steps taken. It makes you appear that you are not fully attempting to assist the customer. Thank you.

0 Likes
Pathopax
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a factory reset and it took me nearly 2 months to get back to somewhere near the ballpark of what I lost. Not everything backed up. 

Phone still acts the same with abrupt shutdowns!

System UI error did show on 2 occasions.

0 Likes