several questions about call quality, texting, and bluetooth
SiBlMe
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have several issues with my new (about 3 months old) LG G3. (1) Initially, the call quality was excellent. Now, some people can only hear me with the speaker on and some can only hear me with the speaker off. Some can her me if I talk while the phone is charging and others can't. I know the phone isn't muted and everything looks right. (2) Until a few days ago the call quality when I am Bluetoothed to my Toyota Prius was superb. Now both the caller and the call receiver hear a garbled version of the call and I have to disconnect the Bluetooth and hope they can hear me on speaker.(3) About 3 out of five times, when I speak a text message, the phone types it twice. This is also a relatively new issue. If anyone can help with any of these issues, I would be very appreciative. I am a Realtor in NJ and I rely heavily on my phone.

Labels (2)
Re: several questions about call quality, texting, and bluetooth
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SiBlMe,

We understand the importance of having a working phone. Let's work on this together. Are you in the most recent software version? You can check Settings/System Update. We also encourage you to remove your battery and test these again.

RobinD_VZW

Follous on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
schuyler333

I also have a LG G3 and just started having the same issue. Calls being garbled. Have to call 3 or 4 times to get it to work. On speaker, Bluetooth or on handset all having issues

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We are definitely here to help. Are these issues happening in a specific location like home or work? Or, do you find that they are miles and miles apart? When did this start? BobbyN_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
707CaliKiwi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here, can't use as a phone anymore. Software is up to date. Tried turning enhanced and privacy features on and off under call settings. Restarted after each try, calls still suck.

0 Likes
707CaliKiwi
Enthusiast - Level 1

For me, it happens at home, work and everywhere in between.

0 Likes
Biggdubbya
Enthusiast - Level 3

i also have the G3 and i am on my 4th in 6 almost 7 months now. This is a major issue that VZW nor LG will accept as being in all the G3 devices. My fiance had one and as soon as she got it the issue started, got a replacement and again as soon as she got it, the same issues were present. If that's the only issue your having fell lucky, i have had a many issues with the 4 G3 devices I have and currently own. The fiance switched devices and now its just when she talksto me does she hear the "tunnel effect". If your on the edge program and close to edging up i would suggest doing so. If your like me, your screwed till you can get a different device.   

0 Likes