Re: lollipop update
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I have no security worries. I have been running my  life from my smartphone for 5 years now and (knock on wood) have not been compromised.

0 Likes
jayare
Contributor - Level 2

As someone in the know about network and internet security, I can tell you, I'm sure Target, Home Depot, Sears, and a whole host of other companies felt the same way just before they were hit. In the security world, the absolute worst attitude to take is one of that false sense of security. The biggest threat to Android as far as security is the ads which come with apps, both ones you install and pre-installed. All it takes is for someone to write an ad that takes advantage of the vulnerabilities in the OS, and trust me, they are there. There are far too many lines of code for it to be perfect. That's why we see security fixes in the OS and apps from time to time. By not putting out this update, Verizon is letting some of those vulnerabilities stay out there. Those might be known at this time, while those in the update are unknown, at least for now.

geelow24
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well now the update is here and it ain't bad minor issues but nothing a reset can't solve. I just hope Verizon pushes one more update on this phone before If I to g4

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I haven't seen any issues yet. What are you experiencing?

My only thing is the lock screen notifications. It's a little difficult to get used to the sliding down and clicking to open the notification the app. It is no different than sliding the whole notification bar just different to get used to.

geelow24
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well for one the sync after the update with wifi horrible apps such as Facebook and snapchat suck also my g3 starts being slow on kik kat never a problem

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

When I wrote this I was on KK. I got the update and have experienced some of the issues. Please find my posts on other threads regarding a workaround for notifications on wifi.

geelow24
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you

0 Likes