Why Is My LG G5 Overheating And Losing Battery Life Quickly?
TOGETHERTHEREISHOPE

I'm having a problem now with my LG G5 ever since I updated it this morning!  It's overheating, it's slow, the battery status keeps changing (red/white/occasionally black-mostly white), its ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!  I even thought it was my charger so I went out and purchased a new one and it didn't fix ANYTHING!!!  I can't get my phone to charge past like 40% & that's without touching it and if I unplug it and try to use it it'll run out of charge within 15 minutes!!!!  I have no clue what to do!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why Is My LG G5 Overheating And Losing Battery Life Quickly?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TOGETHERTHEREISHOPE, this is no way to have your phone behave. Software updates are meant to improve your phone, not cause this type of charging issues. We will get your phone working again. Did you have any issues with your phone before the software update? What happens when you reach 40%? Does your phone have any physical or liquid damage? http://spr.ly/65898c6Vt

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KAD1115

I have been reporting this issue since first week of owning the lg5 purchased at Verizon store.  Have had nothing but pushback.  Traveling when I purchased and have been told I needed to go back to that store.  Not making a 1200 mile trip for faulty equipment.  Customer service has enough call ins and reports on problems from me they could put them together and have a book.s

9 months later, still overheating along with multiple other issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KAD1115-

Yikes, 9 months is quite some time to be having multiple issues with your phone. We value your safety and your time. If your phone is getting to the point where it is too hot to touch, we recommend powering your phone off, and bringing it to a Verizon store (http://vz.to/2gPjUKv). Can you tell me more about the other issues you've been having with your device? When did you first notice the overheating issue begin (or any other issues you've been experiencing)?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes