Re: Verizon voicemail app on the LG G3
GaryA73
Contributor - Level 1

Visual voicemail has quit working for me. If I use the voicemail app, It just gives me a list of my new and saved voicemails. If I select one of them, it just gives me buttons to play, delete, save, etc. No transcription.

I went through all of the other issues, the force closes, data service n/a... Basic visual voicemail worked when it first went free, now it doesn't work at all. Ugh. I wish they could get this phone working right. Or just update it to 5.0 already.

0 Likes
GaryA73
Contributor - Level 1

Never mind my last message.  Apparently visual voicemail doesn't mean that. You have to subscribe to the premium service to get voicemail transcription.  Very misleading.

Any good alternatives out there?

Thanks.

geegecko
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this issue as well. Is there a permanent fix other than adding *86 to my contact list?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Does long-pressing the "1" in your dialer not work for basic voicemail?

geegecko
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes; that works. Didn't know about that. Thank you.

Snn5
Legend

No problem!

0 Likes
gthreeuser
Enthusiast - Level 1

not sure if this helps anyone with this problem & I'm a little late with this, but just came across this same issue.  Tech support had me disable WIFI, and it will update for me.  It's obviously not supposed to work this way, but it does...hope this might help someone.