Verizon voicemail app on the LG G3
dmgraves76
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone have any issues with the Verizon voicemail app on the LG G3? I picked up my device and activated service with Verizon on 7/21. The voicemail app worked fine up until this past weekend.  It opens, then closes immediately.  I assumed it was because my premium visual voicemail trial ended, so I updated my account to the basic visual voicemail service.  I still am unable to use the voicemail app.  Any insight would be appreciated!

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
Re: Verizon voicemail app on the LG G3
apollyon2012
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same problem, I called and did a hard reset and it worked for 30mins and now it keeps closing instantly the second I open it

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dmgraves76,

Welcome to the family! Help has arrived. How are you accessing your voicemails? By dialing *86 (send) or by selecting the voicemail icon. Are you getting any particular error messages?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
apollyon2012
Enthusiast - Level 2

Physically calling works but the app will not open and does not say any errors

0 Likes
dmgraves76
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same as apollyon2012, calling voicemail works, but trying to open the app on the phone doesn't.  No error message it just closes immediately.  Trying to do a force close through application manager and reopening it or rebooting the phone doesn't have any effect either.

0 Likes
godsidekurt

Another g3 user here having the same issue. I thought I might be the only one.  Couple of troubleshooting Qs...which messaging app are you guys using? Also do you have an Android Wear device??

I have zero evidence but am wondering if they might be causing conflict on the software.  I talked with a tech support guy today who wrote a ticket up about it after trying unsuccessfully to delete and add it back to my account on their end. 

0 Likes
godsidekurt

We are talking about the VISUAL VOICEMAIL app so calling *86 is irrelevant. 

There is no error message, it simply acts like its opening and then force closes. I have tried clearing the app cache, date and force closing it to no avail. 

0 Likes
dmgraves76
Enthusiast - Level 3

godsidekurt, I am using the Verizon Message+ app as my default messaging app.  Also, I do not have an Android Wear device.  I have tried the troubleshooting steps you mentioned in your reply to the VZW CSR as well to no avail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi dmgraves76!

Your efforts are greatly appreciated, we'll get this figured out! Have you attempted to remove and re-add the application?

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
godsidekurt

Are you a robot??? Once again this is the pre installed verizon visual voicemail app...it doesn't allow us to uninstall the app.

0 Likes