Verizon LG5 VS987 black screen when calling someone
terry123hyd

Hello I recently replaced the LCD Display Screen Touch Screen Digitizer + Frame  and after I did this I could hardly hear who I was talking to they could hear me fine... Well I managed to fix that by buying another ear speaker for the phone.....   My big problem is that when I try to call someone my phone goes black,  and when someone calls me as well.....  I thought the proximity sensor must be bad so I bought a new one but it still does the same thing after installing the new one...

I have read where you can call a number for the LG 5 to recalibrate the proximity sensor,  but the one I found for LG 5 does not work,  the operator says number cannot be called as dialed.. I tried these:

*#546368#*VS987#

*#546368#*

277634#*#

none of those work is the proximity sensor what causes the screen to go black when receiving or calling someone?  it seems to work as far as how you would turn the phone from straight up are side ways the display changes according to how you are holding the phone ok...

any ideals would sure be appreciated thank you..

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon LG5 VS987 black screen when calling someone
terry123hyd

wow thanks for all the help really appreciate it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the experience we want you to have terry123hyd. I’ve sent you a private message so we can look for a resolution for you. I look forward to your response. 

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
terry123hyd

My name is Terry [removed] Pin number is [removed] cell number is [removed]

Thanks is the proximity sensor on the back of the case ? are is it on the front of the case where the screen side is? we bought what we thought was a proximity sensor to replace the old one with, but it did not help... we changed the screen cause it was cracked but we bought the whole front piece with the screen on it cause that was easier to change that way.. but since day one of changing it over to the new one, every time now we try and make a call or receive a call the screen goes black till we click on the power button to bring the screen back from dark to where we then can see who is calling...etc.

could we of left off something that makes the proximity sensor work from changing the front case with the screen ? but if is the back part of the case where the power button is that has the sensor then we did not mess with anything there to cause this problem... here is a photo of the one we bought to make sure this is the proximity sensor..... And also people keep mentioning a rubber piece that holds the sensor into place where is that rubber piece located at.... And again thank you for your help it sure is appreciated ..

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes