Verizon Corporate Store In High Point, NC... stupid people
Baker65
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just to let anyone know that lives on or around High Point, NC... DO NOT GO TO THAT STORE about questions on the lollipop update.

I went there yesterday with questions/concerns about the phone killing update to the LG G3.  The store manager and an associate both told me that I was wrong and that I had an app running in the background that was crashing my phone.

I was also the ONLY person that had been in the store with an issue on the upgrade.

I had already done a soft reset and a hard reset before going to the store...to no avail.  After asking for assistance and feeling how hot my phone was from the battery and processor overheating they agreed to call the "special" number for phone issues.  And to their surprise... I wasn't the only one with issues with the update... Shocked!

Once again we did a hard reset... and the store associate informed me to NOT download any apps that were not approved by Verizon or Android.  That would be about 95% of all apps out there.  It's funny that I didn't have any issues with my apps with Kit Kat.

So, as of this morning... I'm still having issues with this update... but will not be going back to the idiots at the High Point store.  The manager there is very arrogant and thinks he is smarter than he actually is.  I told him maybe he should read up on the update and see that there are lots of people with the same issue.

I will give kudos to the associate and customer service on the "special" line for attempting to see what is causing the problems. 

The corporate office and the stores need to work together instead of challenging each other.... customer service will say one thing and the corporate store says another... sad.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Corporate Store In High Point, NC... stupid people
MattAndroidWarrior
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been in that same store, for my wifes phone.  Nothing but iPhone fanboys work there.  They are terrible at troubleshooting problems.

0 Likes