Re: Summit IMS app appeared
JIMBO721
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's definitely associated with Messanger+. This app wasnt on my phone yesterday morning. My Verizon Messages+ app got updated 14 hours ago and now this IMS Service app is installed.

This is DEFINITELY associated with the Messanger update.

0 Likes
teeshot
Contributor - Level 1

Mine shows service as "Stopped" but nothing re Messsage + seems to be affected.  I don't like the fact that an app is downloaded and automatically gives permissions that I didn't approve.  Verizon denies they did it (Talked/Chatted with 3 different people), but it clearly is associated with Message +.  

JordanL
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE*** This wasn't a known issue until I did a screen share with a Verizon tech. The following steps removed the app: Open App info for Message+ - clear data  - force stop  - disable message+  - power cycle phone  - open app info through settings  - reenable message+

This did remove the IMS app, which is a back door for the message service to access the network... DO NOT CHANGE ANY SETTINGS IN THE IMS APP! Higher tech levels are working on a roll out fix for those unable to fix it themselves with the steps listed above. 

Barbie_2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thx for the help jordan

jgogek
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just did the above process, and it did not remove the IMS Service app...

Swartz

This showed up on my Pixel 2XL so I uninstalled it. When I did, my messenger app went with it. I reinstalled the messenger app through the Play store and now Summit IMS is back.

0 Likes
Ma_Mojo

@JordanL  did the tech say what is the point of the app addition? The only other thing I noticed was that my Message + said it was connecting over wifi, which in my case is helpful when not in range of the cell towers

0 Likes
JordanL
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is supposed to be a background running source that connects the message+ service to the Verizon network exclusively. As it varies by location, if it's changed it could result in mishandling of messages and failed delivery. It's supposed to fix the issue they have had on the east coast but was a national roll out. With some bugs

0 Likes
JordanL
Enthusiast - Level 2

***update part 2! After an hour the message+ app updated again and the ISM app popped back up. As it's essential for the messages to work, I recommend to all to simply hide the app so it continues to run but isn't tampered with. This can be done from you main app tray, then options (where you select how to sort the apps) and hide apps, this let's you hide ones you don't need like ISM

Fluffyluggage
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. 

0 Likes