Re: Summit IMS app appeared
Android2019

You can delete it but messages + may not.function normally.

I looked through it a little and I noticed it say sip = session initiated protocol this is protocol enabled by your messeges.app to share or sync data/ messages in some form.  Delete it app will most likely lose functionality 

0 Likes
SHELTM999
Enthusiast - Level 1

Summit IMS app appeared today. Samsung Galaxy S9 plus.

What is it?

When I go to app info, it takes me to Verizon's Messenger+ app.

Any response yet from Verizon?

20190328_211902.jpg

Tags (1)
JordanL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke with them several times today. Answers and solution is in the thread 🙂

@SHELTM999 wrote:

What is it?

20190328_211902.jpg

SHELTM999
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for replying. I'll keep reading... didn't notice there are multiple pages to the thread 🙂

@JordanL wrote:

I spoke with them several times today. Answers and solution is in the thread 🙂

@SHELTM999 wrote:

What is it?

20190328_211902.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Frankcar

I dont user messenger +. I deleted it

0 Likes
eelstrebor

What is this app for? I heard that Verizon was going to release an app to block robocalls and I'm wondering if this is it? And why doesn't Verizon send an SMS message or e-mail to let us know about these additions and what they are for?

0 Likes
JordanL
Enthusiast - Level 2

The spam call blocksr is simply called "call filter" this IMS app is an app meant just for message network connection.

***Update as of this morning, there was another update to the message+ app that removed the IMS app from the phone. If you still have the app, check the playstore to be sure your message app is up to date

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it's confusing that you haven't been able to delete the Summitt IMS app, Swartz. At this time, this concern is under investigation and no further updates are available. I hope this helps. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JordanL, making sure that you can control your device to your liking is a must, so I am eager to help. As you mentioned, after the Message+ update, version 6.8, users are unable to remove the IMS Service app. We are currently aware of the IMS Service app being displayed on your device. Our Message+ team is working towards a resolution. Thank you for your patience. 

AkaneM_VZW

0 Likes
JordanL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the reply! I've found a work around for now that I have listed as the correct answers for others. I'll await the update 😊

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

JordanL, making sure that you can control your device to your liking is a must, so I am eager to help. As you mentioned, after the Message+ update, version 6.8, users are unable to remove the IMS Service app. We are currently aware of the IMS Service app being displayed on your device. Our Message+ team is working towards a resolution. Thank you for your patience. 

AkaneM_VZW

0 Likes