Re: Poor cell service constantly dropping calls in Lancaster CA
dvgrooms

The last month has been one dropped call after another. Is this related to COVID? Why? Please give us an investigation for us in Lancaster, CA.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want you getting dropped calls constantly like this.  Let’s turn this around.  Is this happening on multiple Verizon devices?  Where is this happening (just one area, etc.)?  Did any known changes occur within this last month regarding your devices, account, or area?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
Kb041
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing the same issues in western Pennsylvania. Very unreliable service!

Re: Poor cell service constantly dropping calls
evolutioncoach
Enthusiast - Level 2

We're in Raleigh NC, and are experiencing the exact same thing all day long. We have had Verizon for decades. In fact it has been our ONLY cell provider and we were loyal because of its reliability but at this point we are looking at other options. We are dropping calls inside our home all day long. Given the fact that this is our business phone it is more than problematic. It's costing us clients and it's not sustainable. We have tried reaching out to Verizon and have heard crickets from them. What happened to customer service? You guys used to be awesome. The difference is drastic. The problem only happens in our home (we have lived there for 12 years!!!!!! And had Verizon the ENTIRE time!) We have 2 bars at most in our entire home. We drop calls repeatedly. But if we go outside in the middle of a greenway, we can miraculously conduct business and not drop calls. I never thought we would switch but there's got to be other more reliable options.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@evolutioncoach ,

Thank you for sharing so many details about your issue at home. We'd always want to know as soon as possible if you were having any sort of issue, but what do you mean when you say that you've tried to reach out to us before and haven't heard anything? How are you trying to contact us where you are not able to reach anyone? Going back to your service description, you had said that your service works quite well once you go outside of your home. That would indicate that your indoor location is the issue, not the network available in the area or your phones: https://www.verizon.com/support/troubleshooting-wireless-signal-coverage-video/ . No carrier can guarantee indoor coverage, but we do have indoor options that get around it, such as the already-included Wi-Fi Calling feature that we've had for several years: https://www.verizon.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/ . Let us know how that goes for you.

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes
evolutioncoach
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have reached out to you via chat and when I have asked what could be done to resolve my newly developed dead zone issue, I have not received an answer.  Thank you for your suggestions but how do you propose I do that on the home line that uses Home wireless phone? 

In addition, how do you explain that for 12 years the signal inside my home was strong and seamless and suddenly 2 months ago my house has become a dead zone?

When it comes to our cell phones we are enabling wifi calling but the result is garbled voices that make holding a conversation very difficult and unpleasant. What about a network expander? Would that be an option? 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello evolutioncoach,

We are more than happy to address any and all concerns you have inside your home. Please allow me to explain that indoor use is a challenge for all carriers. In a case like this, where the trouble is indoors only, generally the relevant factor is going to be proximity to cell site. Due to physics, radio frequencies get reduced penetration through solid materials and thus indoor signal is hampered when compared to outdoor signal. This is the reason you may notice a difference when stepping outside, and trying your service. Here's a short but helpful video that provides you with more detail about the different factors that can affect your service when indoors: http://spr.ly/6182GTV6K Many things outside of Verizon’s control can contribute to indoor performance. This includes the following:

• Interference (concrete, brick, other building material)
• Foliage
• Construction
• Population changes
• Cell site changes (e.g., tower relocation, antenna alignment, power adjustment, etc.)

As no carrier can guarantee indoor coverage, we partner with our manufacturers to build indoor solutions such as WiFi Calling. Now that the phones are more advanced, WiFi Calling replaces the need for a Network Extender. 

We would need to access your account, in order to continue. I am sending a Private Note, so please respond to it.

Thank you, 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

http://spr.ly/6003G5UadTo authenticate your account please confirm your first and last name, review the following, and then click the link after "Authenticate here": Please ensure you are not already logged in to My Verizon before attempting authentication.

If you use Messenger or Direct Message to chat with Verizon, your questions and our responses may include info about your account, including Customer Proprietary Network Information (“CPNI”), which is visible to Facebook/Twitter and may be used for their own purposes per their privacy policies (www.facebook.com/about/privacy / www.twitter.com/privacy).

CPNI is info available to Verizon solely by virtue of our relationship with you that relates to the type, quantity, destination, technical configuration, location, and amount of use of the telecommunications and interconnected VoIP services you purchase from us, and related billing info.

Verizon protects your info and does not share info that identifies you personally outside of Verizon except with your consent and as otherwise disclosed in our privacy policy. Your choice here does not affect your Verizon services. To learn more, visit our information collection and privacy policy at verizon.com/privacy.

By clicking the link to continue, you agree to allow us to share your info, including CPNI, in Messenger and Direct Message. To stop sharing info including CPNI, stop using Messenger and Direct Message to chat with us. Contact Facebook and Twitter about your rights, if any, to delete info that was previously shared.

Authenticate here: http://spr.ly/6003G5Uad

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
lking1302
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband and I also having poor calls on Verizon. Calls cutting in and out. I have never had this many poor calls before. Very sorry to see Verizon doing this. Zip code is 86442.

0 Likes
lking1302
Enthusiast - Level 1

Now are we required to have wifi in order to have a clean call?

0 Likes