Phone Doesn't Ring on Incoming call
vli1127

Occasionally, my phone does not ring on incoming calls. Yet, my phone will sound that a voice message is left, or, the display will show that I missed a call. This doesn't happen with anyone in particular. And, it will ring when the same people call on occasion. I have checked my settings and nothing is different. This has happened since I have had the phone.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Phone Doesn't Ring on Incoming call
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vli1127, we want to make sure you are receiving your phone calls. We are here to help get this resolved. How often do you power off your phone? Powering the phone off at lease once a week will insure that you maintain a good connection to the network.

Let’s also start by resetting the network settings on your phone: follow the link for instructions: http://vz.to/2dedhEJ

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
js1042

The link in the first answer is for LG. Please help me get the phone to ring - a Samsung phone (S7).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're really sorry about sending out the wrong link, js1042! Please use this link to reset the network settings on your galaxy S7: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203894/. I hope this information is helpful!

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
jfltdoc
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I do this for a Verizon-based iPhone 6S?  Several incoming calls are not "ringing" but going straight to Voice Mail.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, jfltdoc. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. Could I have the ZIP Code for the location in your area, so I may review your location for any open alerts? - Taylor TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
markdburns
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue on my iPhone X. It started with the new call blocker. I turned off the free service, and then deleted the app because the phone will not ring unless the caller is in my contact list. It still does that and I can't make it ring regardless of what I try. Any ideas?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, being on top of your equipment is vital, especially if you are having issues. Aside from the new call blocker, what recent changes have you made? What happens when someone calls you? Do you have issues with any other notifications?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
duvluv2u2

I have the same problem with my iphone xr. just starting happening after the last update. I reset it to original settings. Still not ringing. what's the fix?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

duvluv2u2, I rely on my phone heavily for calls, so I know how important it is for the phone to ring. Please go to settings and is Do Not Disturb on? Does this problem happen with all calls? 

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes