LGG3 update problems with bluetooth
michelle2017

Since the latest LGG3 update, I have been unable to stream music on my Philips bluetooth speaker.  Initially the call audio was available but not the media audio, so I began to follow advice found on the posts found here and elsewhere online.  I have unpaired and re-paired the device and deleted the cache.  Now neither call audio or media audio show up.  On my phone, it appears as though the Philips speaker has been paired with my phone but no sound comes from it and neither call or media are listed.  I have contacted Philips to see if there is a software upgrade for the speaker and there is not. According to Philips, an upgrade should not be needed.  I am super frustrated!  Is there a way to uninstall the latest update?  It's not worth it!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LGG3 update problems with bluetooth
Lewichris
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey i have great news.   Turn off blutooth in your phone.   Then take the battery out of the phone.   Leave it out for a minute to be on the safe side.  Put it back in and you will be back in business.  Worked for both of our phones.   However it is critical that you turn off blue tooth before you pull the battery out.   Good luck.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the frustration with having issues related to your Phillips blue tooth speaker after doing the latest software update on your device, Michelle2017. Let me look into getting this fixed. I appreciate the steps you've done thus far in trying to correct it. Do you use any other blue tooth devices with your phone? Is anyone else having this same issue? Are you using a 3rd party app with your Phillips blue tooth speaker? While there's no option available to uninstall the latest software update, perhaps something else can help resolve the issue as we work on it further.

EdwinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
michelle2017

I'm not sure how to answer all of your questions. I use a Fitbit which showed up as synced to my bluetooth, so I disconnected it. Yes, other people in the verizon community have been reporting similar issues. I just saw one from March 25,  I believe. A few days ago, media audio was available and I thought the issue was solved even though I didn't know why, but today I'm back to the same problem of call audio only.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I realize this can be a frustrating problem as it relates to the audio issues with your blue tooth device,  Michelle2017. Let me continue to work on this blue tooth concern.  Thanks for the information thus far as it leads us towards other things we can try. When you encounter the problem after you know the Phillips blue tooth speaker is connected, have you a soft reset to refresh the connection? Here's a link to the steps http://vz.to/2oCYPrU . After the soft reset, double check your phone settings to see if the blue tooth connect is still in the "on" position http://vz.to/2ovUd9Q . Please share the results as we want to do everything possible to fix this problem.

EdwinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LARRENW

I usually go into airplane mode then back out and reconnect my Bluetooth. Works, but gotta do this every time:/

0 Likes
michelle2017

Thanks for the suggestion! At this point, I’ll do whatever works.

0 Likes
Lewichris
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and i have the same phone.   We both have multiple bluetooth devices.  They both stopped working with audio over this past weekend.    When i try to put them into audio channel mode it just turns right back off.  Tried all the tricks.  Short of the factory reset.  So hopefully someone heard your pain and figures out what is going on.

0 Likes
michelle2017

Just knowing I'm not alone makes it a little bit better. I have had temporary success by unpairing my Bluetooth devices while I'm physically away from them, turning off my phone, then getting back into the area where the Bluetooth devices can be picked up, powering on the phone, letting it search for devices to link to, and SOMETIMES it will link with the media and call audio options. Not always. And eventually the media audio option goes away for no known reason, so it's not a permanent solution by any means. 😕

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

0 Likes
Lewichris
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey i have great news.   Turn off blutooth in your phone.   Then take the battery out of the phone.   Leave it out for a minute to be on the safe side.  Put it back in and you will be back in business.  Worked for both of our phones.   However it is critical that you turn off blue tooth before you pull the battery out.   Good luck.