LG G5 Cannot Enable Wifi
Tjb3654

For some reason I am unable to enable Wifi on my LG G5. When I open settings and click the "on-off" switch it says on the Wifi tab "Turning Wifi on" but nothing happens. I have tried rebooting my phone multiple times with no results. Can anyone help?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G5 Cannot Enable Wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tjb3654, making sure the most important feature on your phone functions like it should be is a definite must. Thanks for reaching out to us here today, we would be happy to help. How long has this been going on? Did anything happen prior to this issue(software update, app update, etc)?

JoeyM_VZW            

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!    

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tjb3654,

We want to make sure you are able to connect to WIFI to help with your data usage. Let's get to the bottom of this. Has your WIFI ever been able to connect? Did anything happen to your phone?

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Coladas723

I've been having the same issue since the recent software upgrade. At first I thought it was an app I put on, but took that off and it still happened. My screen keeps freezing up. I have powered off, taken the battery out, tried safe mode, and same thing happens. The battery drains really fast also. The only thing I haven't done was factory reset, and I really don't want to unless it's absolutely necessary. The strange thing is about this, I was checking all the settings and turned the Bluetooth on just to see what would happen. I don't even have one to begin with. Well, what do you know, Wi-Fi was able to connect, and my phone was back to normal. A few days went by and the same thing happened. I turn on the Bluetooth, and then it's good again. So when the phone freezes, that's what I do until I can find a solution to this problem. I can't call customer service because I don't have another phone to use. Forget about trying to "chat" with a Rep either. When I try to search online about why the Bluetooth makes it work, of course, it's no help at all.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

OK, you clearly have run into flaky phone operation since an update. Updates don't necessarily succeed 100% on their own. Over the years, with a range of LG devices from the Spectrum, Spectrum 2, G2 and G4, I have gotten away with updates working perfectly only 75% of the time (taking all OTA updates as a whole to all the devices over many years).

25% of the time, I backed up my important content, and performed a FDR following the update, and flaky behavior disappeared.

There are some people that actually perform FDRs BEFORE they take an OTA. Now that's extreme, but these people never report subsequently that their OTA resulted in flaky operation.

I know that an FDR will inconvenience you, but it may be the only recourse you have to restore normal unit behavior.

You can try something first which may restore proper operation. It's called a System Cache Wipe. Google how to do this on your G5. This is not an Application Cache Clear available from settings. For some reason, VZW doesn't post these instructions on their web site, probably because it needs to be done carefully. Don't worry, you can do it.

If that doesn't help - backup your music, videos, pictures, downloaded documents onto a PC. Write down the apps you downloaded that you want to download again. Make sure you have any mail or streaming video service or banking application, etc usernames and passwords written down.

Take a deep breath. Perform the FDR. Set up WiFi and Gmail. Is the phone working correctly? Proceed to load just the apps you need, and restore only the files you need. It will be worth it.

0 Likes