LG G4 secondary lock screen
skaene

How do I make the secondary lock screen on the G4 go away? When the phone is plugged in, instead of staying on (or just dimming) like it's supposed to, the screen always turns off and I still have to swipe to get it back on.  As someone who primarily uses the phone to listen to music in my car, this is a bit dangerous, but I can't make the screen go away.  At a guess, it's based in Smart Functions, which VERIZON WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO DISABLE on this phone.  
Help?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G4 secondary lock screen
Snn5
Legend

Double tap for Knock On and the music widget is right on the lockscreen.  There is no secondary lockscreen, only one.

0 Likes
skaene

Primary Lockscreen: Requires Pattern to get through.

Secondary Lockscreen: No pattern, but still need to swipe to get to.
Music Widget on second lockscreen: To small to be useful when driving. Knocking turns the screen back off and/or prompts me to swipe.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Strange.  My stock lockscreen has the widget in large format.  I have honestly never heard of 2 lockscreens UNLESS you are using the Trusted Device/Smart Lock settings, which might add another layer to the process.

0 Likes
skaene

hmm. I did turn on trusted places awhile back, but I seem to recall this behavior before I found it. Let me turn it off and see what happens. 

Phone dims, goes black...swipe only lockscreen shows up. Double tapped it, went black aaand then locked up. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Smart Lock allows you to keep the phone from locking when connected to a trusted device like bluetooth.

0 Likes
skaene

Up til I disabled it in the last comment, it was set for Trusted PLace in my home. Still had to swipe.  
Another user in another forum suggested another app may be causing it.

Damned if I know what, though.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I will say Verizon did wrong with their modifications of the G4.

0 Likes
skaene

*sigh* yep. If I'd have realized that, I'd have just gotten an S5.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Well, at least your G4 works, more than can be said for most S5's right now.

0 Likes