Re: LG G3 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wjmmoore60- We want to make sure all the different functions on your device are working properly.  I’m terribly sorry to hear what this recent update may have caused to your phone.  We do want to find a resolution for you as quickly as possible. If you can I would like for you to reset your network settings . Please follow this link to do so;  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-113037/  We are here for your assistance. Please let us know if this helped.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DANCAR85
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Verizon,

After the article I just read about Verizon installing spyware apps on

their phones I think I will be giving up my long term relationship with

Verizon for another carrier.

On Mar 27, 2017 8:18 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your long term relationship means the world to us DANCAR85! We don't want you to think about going to any other carrier. We are testing AppFlash to make app discovery better for consumers. The test is on a single phone – LG K20 V – and you have to opt-in to use the app.

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PATMEE81

After the update, my g3 went to a black screen and white banner that said com.android had stopped working. Also nfc, phone and other pop ups appeared. I had to do a factory reset and now my w/o go speed is slow as a turtle.

0 Likes
PEZAVE
Enthusiast - Level 1

My biggest remaining issue from the update on 3/1 is that I can't use Wi-Fi anywhere.

Is there an updated patch I could have?

Some issues reported above by others resolved when I shutdown, removed battery, put the battery back in, restarted the phone.

I'm still without my wallpaper and I'll need to reinstall my preferred keyboard, I had to manually re-add and update several things.

It drains battery really quickly compared Rio what it used to do before the update.

I can't get Wi-Fi to work and I ended up having to purchase extra data last month because I didn't have time to go to the Verizon store to see if they could help.

LgG3, updated 3/1 VS9854BA

Please let me know what can be done.

Tavia

0 Likes
PATMEE81

My g3 is at version VS9854CA. Check for a new update from The settings section.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PEZAVE, we want to make sure you are able to use Wi-Fi. Have you tried resetting your network settings? Here is a link on how to do that, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-202720/. Are you having any other issues with your services (Calling, text messaging, or data)?

JavierMD_VZW  Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this! 

0 Likes
STEVESTO54
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have an issues with the latest LG G3 update VS9854CA...

Immediately after this update, I can no longer connect to my cars' Bluetooth Audio - or vice versa...

The car still connects to the Bluetooth phone handset service but NOT the audio...

Is there ANY WAY to roll back this update??... HELP

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important is it to have a working device. You are unable to back an update. However, you can back up your device and perform a factory reset. This is a great way to fix your device if you have issues with an update.

EstebanP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Bandit98

Im also having issues with my VS985 LG G3 since the latest update. I have the bluetooth connectivity issue Steve mentions above. A band-aid correction I found is to go to application manager, select "Show System", and go into the blutooth app, and delete the stored data. This has to be done EVERY TIME the bluetooth connection excludes media, which is basically every time you try to use it. Call connection happens without issue, but media is almost never connected without taking the data-delete steps.

But, today I began getting the blue screen boot loop. It makes the phone un-useable. I was able to use it fine all day, and then, for no reason, blue screen loop. Ive tried everything, and nothing corrects the issue.

If I back up the phone, and factory reset it, will i get the same problem when I restore the backup?

0 Likes