Re: LG G3 and wireless charging
stef7
Master - Level 2

MarCal61: The specs of the Lucid 3 on the LG site do not mention wireless charging. If you could find a Verizon advertisement claiming that it did (which it doesn't as you found out), then maybe you could get a refund towards a different model. If it was a sales rep in a store that claimed it did have that capability maybe you could speak with that person or that person's manager. Maybe they could get you into a different model like an LG G2 or LG G3.

0 Likes
deepfork
Enthusiast - Level 1

Whatever! I didn't sat it was the Korean version, I said it shipped from Korea which it did.It was made in Korea also. As I said if you get the back with the correct contacts it WILL work...(removed)!

>> Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

eiscott

I've ordered a new back plate that looks to be the correct one. (Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is Original New Battery Door Back Cover Rear Housing Replace...

I'll post once I receive it with results.

Extremely unhappy that I was misled by Verizon.  Once I receive it and confirm it works, I'll be heading to my local Verizon store to ask for service credits to offset the additional expense and hassle.

Thanks for all the feedback Everyone!

0 Likes
iazybandit
Enthusiast - Level 1

There are also Qi sticker chips that you buy and place on your existing battery door. All it requires is for you to rip off the NFC sticker and place the new Qi/NFC sticker chip. You'll see in picture 3 that it has four gold pins. The bottom pins are the Qi wireless charging. I actually sold one to a Verizon Rep.

PREORDER RD3 SIGN UP: Qi Wireless Charging S… | LG G3 | XDA Forum

lgg3_qiblack.jpglgg3_qiwhite.jpglgg3_qiwireless1.jpglgg3_qiwireless2.jpg

eiscott

I received the new back cover and it works perfectly.  It has only the LG logo which is fine for two reasons. 1) I always have a case on anyway (wireless charging works fine through the silicon case), and 2) Verizon deserves no further advertising since they screwed us all over by selling the phone without the wireless charging back cover in the first place.LG Wireless Cover2.bmpLG Wireless Cover1.jpg

0 Likes
TripleXMan

After a month of research, I got the right back cover to make the wireless charging work! YEA!

I then realized the the phone doesn't charge with my leather circle folio case! BOO!

What other circle folio case will allow wireless charging without having to take off the case?

Thanks!

0 Likes
nprguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't know of a circle case that does. My LG G3 in its heavy duty I-Blason belt clip case works fine with both the OEM LG wireless charger and the TYLT wireless chargers I have.

Best,

Peter

0 Likes