Re: LG G3 and wireless charging
deepfork
Enthusiast - Level 1

Don't buy the Qi case from Verizon. The ONLY reason they modified the back cover of the G3 was to force you to buy a $60 accessory. I bought a new back, it shipped from the home of LG, south Korea. I had it in 7 days. It costs $27 and works perfectly. Exactly the same as the original back including LG and Verizon logos. The Qi backs are for sale now from a US seller for $40.00. Just make sure you get the correct back, they all have pics of the contacts on the inside of the back. You are looking for four contacts with a larger space between the 2nd and 3rd. If there are only two contacts or four that are evenly spaced it will not work.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Don't listen to above... The Korean version will not work. They are different. The ones that do work is at least $40 shipped for the normal plate which comes from Europe.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Potentially this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-G3-Wireless-Qi-Charging-Battery-Door-for-US-Models-Sprint-Verizon-T-Mobil...

Unfortunately, there appears sellers offering variants that don't have NFC or Qi, and ones with evenly spaced contacts, or one set of contacts being sold... Crazy.

LG goofed here. The backs should have been made widely available at the time of launch.

IMHO, the flip cover is very unattractive for the phone, and most people would want to put on their own ultra-slim case anyway.

MarCal61

The company (LG) that makes this phone only for Verizon (and I am referring to the newest LG Lucid 3 VS876  says that Verizon was INCORRECT in stating that this particular phone could be charged with a wireless charger, and they claim at this time that there is no plan for making a wireless cover for this particular phone.  Staff at my Verizon store were clueless about this, so I was not a happy customer for this mistake.  I told the Staff about the discrepancy, but no one seems to care.  They even sold me a wireless charger for my phone that I had to return for a refund.

0 Likes
nprguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure what the "Lucid 3" is, but my Verizon LG G3 is happily charging wirellessly on a "TYLT" Qi wireless charger. As noted in my earlier correspondence, I did order a backplate from a European company which is exporting the Korean wireless-charging-enabled back cover. But the phone is certainly capable of wireless charging.

Peter

nprguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

For everyone's info, here is the site which offers the wireless-charging-enabled back cover for the LG G3.  LG G3 LS990 Battery Door White  . Note the spacing of the contacts inside the back cover. This is the essential element. I have this cover. It works. AND, it fits easily into my i-Blasson belt holster case (and charges the phone wirelessly WHILE IN THE CASE!) . Hope this helps!

MarCal61

I think that this discussion is about the LG G3 and not the phone I was referring to which is the smaller LG Lucid3 VS876 which is an entirely different phone that just came out in July.

LG_Lucid_3.png
When I was searching the Community forums, I was sent to the wrong discussion, apparently.  Sorry.  Not sure there is a discussion on my phone yet.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

nprguy wrote:

I'm not sure what the "Lucid 3" is, but my Verizon LG G3 is happily charging wirellessly on a "TYLT" Qi wireless charger. As noted in my earlier correspondence, I did order a backplate from a European company which is exporting the Korean wireless-charging-enabled back cover. But the phone is certainly capable of wireless charging.

Peter

It wouldn't be imported from Korea.  The Korean plates would never make it to shore in Korea.  They are different and different parts numbers.  In Korean the back plates will never be sold.  You imported yours from either china(knock off), or Europe supplier were able to purchase repair parts from LG.

0 Likes
MarCal61

We are both talking about different phones, as I am referring to the new Lucid3 VS876 that is a much smaller phone, and Verizon claims that it has Wireless Charging, but after purchasing the phone it turned out that Verizon was WRONG. Your phone is the LG G3 and not at all the same one. wish LG and Verizon would try to have more detailed names rather than G2, G3, and so on. Very confusing to the buyers.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

LG does not Verizon. G2, G3, and such is what LG named their devices. You'll see the same name from all carriers around the world.

0 Likes