Info wanted re: 6.0 update VS98625A
djhnyc

My LGG4 just applied an update to Marshmallow: VS98625A. I can't find any details anywhere on what this system update is designed to fix, add, change, etc. I'd like to have a clue so I can take note of any impact on functionality, etc. Hoping it addresses some recent issues post previous update: touch/vicinity insensitivity, for one. Does anyone have any info about this? Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Info wanted re: 6.0 update VS98625A
Snn5
Legend

UI didn't change.  Mostly all changes were under-the-hood.  Better notifications, Doze, and, depending on the carrier, features for communications.  Some state BT issues, I have seen no issues of any kind.  My experience was positive.  Battery life has gone from 3% to 1% per hour in standby.  Security holes were patched. 

0 Likes
djhnyc

Thanks. I actually would love a few more details about the changes under the hood, and the communications features, if you know about them. Not sure what BT issues would be (what is BT?). Too soon to tell for me about battery life, as it just installed earlier today. I'm disappointed that Verizon didn't provide a link to at least the most basic of info about this update.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I always have to hunt down the info on Google. Verizon rarely includes a change log.

0 Likes
djhnyc

I know, that's why I came to this community, since I had zero luck finding any reference at all to this new update anyplace online. None of the usual suspects android fan/expert sites/blogs have any info. Google brought up nothing. There was a brief notice for the last minor update some months ago, before the big Marshmallow install, but nothing this time. Hey, VERIZON support, why don't you help us out with some info? Thanks.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Verizon will point you to the product page. You can find out what changes were made overall for 6.0 from Google and Wikipedia.  However....the Verizon variant is sometimes a secret.

0 Likes
djhnyc

android central finally announced it, and I expect a bit more info in a couple of days. Thanks.

0 Likes
djhnyc

Amend that: XDA developers and a bunch of other places are now chiming in. Improved awake from sleep is first noted, per announcement. More to come.

0 Likes
FilmTraveler
0 Likes
jrf2016

my update (vs98625A)was negative,

no wifi  and no blue tooth

"about phone " shows no mac address for  wifi or bluetooth.

Cleaned cache  still nothing

Forget network still nothing

not able to lock wifi with static and dns

have other lg  g4 with no update ,works great

any suggestions greatly appreciated

0 Likes