How do I transfer my G4 calendar to a V20?
clancyryan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Everything from G4 transferred ok to V20 but calendar didn't. Downloaded every app i could find. No luck.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to transfer G4 calendar to V20
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree - if the calendar you were using on the G4 was the Google calendar, then when you log on to the new phone with your Google account, the calendar should automatically sync.

I just activated a new phone (Google Pixel), and all my email, contacts, photos, calendar, apps, etc from my Droid Turbo populated and re-synced once I logged into my Google account. 

Make sure you are pulling up the Google calendar, and not the device calendar on the new phone.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you check to see which calendar the events are saved to? If it is the phone calendar only, then you might not be able to easily transfer them from one device to another.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
clancyryan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Calender is Google synched with Outlook. Phone is unchecked.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If that is true, then as soon as you signed into the same account on the new phone, it should have synced.  If it is not, then it wasn't syncing with the account on the web.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
clancyryan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, Ann, for your help. I bought tve phibe at a Verizon store. Rep tried NFC synch with phone to phone, no luck. Rep installed Copy My Data app, installed on both phones. But after one hour of waiting of 'receiving calendar' to V20, he said to synch all calendars under Google and Outlook. No luck. I tried the NFC back to back yesterday, still no luck.

I think my only resource is to capture the calendar and enter my data manually.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

That's weird.  Both phones are google based and shouldn't need to sync through outlook.  Shouldn't need NFC.   Have you checked the settings on the calendar on the new phone?  maybe it isn't syncing your google account.  (Not outloook)

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I agree - if the calendar you were using on the G4 was the Google calendar, then when you log on to the new phone with your Google account, the calendar should automatically sync.

I just activated a new phone (Google Pixel), and all my email, contacts, photos, calendar, apps, etc from my Droid Turbo populated and re-synced once I logged into my Google account. 

Make sure you are pulling up the Google calendar, and not the device calendar on the new phone.

alicias_vzw
Verizon Employee

clancyryan,

Congratulations on your awesome new phone! I hope you are enjoying it so far. I’m concerned that your Google Calendar is not syncing with your new phone. Anne154, mama23dogs & SuzyQ have suggested some great things to check. I appreciate all the time you have spent with us in the store & on your own with trying to get this resolved. Can you please walk me through the steps on how you are accessing the Google Calendar? Had you checked to see if you are maybe bringing up the phone calendar?

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
clancyryan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bingo, SuzyQ! You answered my issue. I was using the phone's stock calendar, not Google's. Downloaded the Google calendar and all transferred in a second.

Thanks to all who helped me out!

Sent from LG V20

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yay!  Glad it's all sorted out for you!

0 Likes