Hotspot error
melfunction
Enthusiast - Level 1

So i have the LG G4. Ive been connecting my xbox one to this using mobile hotspot, to download games and such since i got my xbox a couple months ago. Then all of the sudden my phone says the xbox is connected but no internet access. To see if it was my phone or xbox i tried it on my laptop, and they both say theyre connected but my phone wont apparently allow internet access.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Hotspot error
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which plan do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BoJax2017, getting you connected to the internet is a must. Are you able to use the Internet directly on the phone?

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

melfunction
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes my internet works fine on the phone I have the unlimited data plan for $80 and I've used it for awhile to hotspot my xbox like I said then one day it just stoped and I checked it on other units and it won't share my data it just says it connects then my xbox says it can't find a teredo id

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Xbox probably is looking for a public IP address and Verizon Wireless doesn't assign public IP addresses to their devices except certain ones like the LTE router. The other option is to purchase a public IP address for $500.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
melfunction
Enthusiast - Level 1

See I get that but why would it work for a couple months before hand like I downloaded 7 games and a couple updates and set up my xbox with the hotspot on my phone so I know it worked before it just seems to have stoped randomly almost as if they decided to shut off my hotspot maybe I ran up to much data or something idk I feel like they would have at least got a hold of Me about it

0 Likes
melfunction
Enthusiast - Level 1

And I did all this in between billing cycles so idk if I raised my data that much in between

0 Likes