Re: Error Code 9004 after Lollipop Upgrade 4/15
Snn5
Legend

You might try clearing the cache for that app.  You cannot uninstall and reinstall though.

0 Likes
mcpopp
Enthusiast - Level 3

This post was made well over a year ago.  The problem was resolved because I upgraded my phone.

0 Likes
ingrids
Enthusiast - Level 3

MCPOPP... since I am having the same issues, my problem isn't resolved... so I added onto this posting.

AliciaS_VZW, To answer your questions...

• When did you start to have this problem? In the last month.
  • Are you using regular voicemail or visual voicemail? I have used visual voice mail for the last 2 years.
  • What happens when you dial into your voicemail with *86 and send? I am able to listen to the voice mails; same when I call into my own number, I can hear the voice mails.  But not with the visual voice mail.

Additional triage information:

• Visual Voice Mail v.3.11.16.2
  • Rebooted cell did not fix it.
  • Unable to UN-install Visual Voice Mail from Android Apps.
  • Clicked Refresh to update and I get the error for "Can't Connect to Your Voice Mailbox..." BUTTTT when I turn off Wifi and then clicked Refresh, Visual Voice Mail updates.
  • Cleared cache, closed app and rebooted. Clicked Refresh and messages DID update.  Two minutes later, clicked Refresh again and closed app (without rebooting) and got error message again. Rebooted (without clearing cache a 3rd time) to see if this would fix it...  and it did not.
  • Did NOT clear data... did not want to lose what I have.

So for sure, if I disable the Wifi setting, I can update the Visual Voice mail now. However, before a month ago, I never had to do that... as I only had to ensure Data was on.

0 Likes
Chicago_Ed
Enthusiast - Level 1

After suffering the problem with Premium Visual  Voice mail failing to send even a notice of messages,  spending more than 2 hours with VZW techs, and running through all steps listed below in answer #17, I checked the status of "restrict background data" for voice mail. It was set ON. After unchecking it,  and for good measure and prudence clearing data from the voicemail app,  things have gotten back to normal. I did not have turn off wifi, and did not drop down to basic. After clearing tbe voicemail data,  I rebooted the phone,  tapped the voicemail icon, went through welcome/initiation stuff and made a test call to the mobile from an other device. Within one minute the phone indicated new message received, coumter on the voicemail icon lit up, message sitting in the new messages window.

Apparently, restricting backgroind data for voicemail (as a battery conservation method) caused my problem.

On my Samsung Galaxy S5 with Marshmallow and VZW VM v 4.1.15 this is how I turned restriction off:

Settings | tap Data usage | scroll down to Voicemail | Tap | scroll down to Restrict background data and uncheck it.

To clear VM data:

Settings | tap Applications | scroll down to  Voicemail |tap | tap clear data. This will

essentially reset VM on your device (not the switch) | tap Voicemail on the home screen/desk top | go through the initiation dialog | run a call- in test.

It worked me... so far!

Chicago_Ed
Enthusiast - Level 1

Additional testing confirms that background data must be ON for reliable visual voice mail notification to be on.

0 Likes