Anybody else unable to RESTRICT BACKGROUND DATA after upgrading to VS98546A?
RRosneberg

Got my marshmallow upgrade for LG G3 yesterday the the one feature I can't control is restricting background date for the individual applications. If I had unlimited data plan I probably wouldn't care, but I don't. Clues anybody? 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Anybody else unable to RESTRICT BACKGROUND DATA after upgrading to VS98546A?
Snn5
Legend

Go to Settings-Apps-tap app you want to change.  Then scroll to DATA and tap.  Then tap Restrict.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Anybody else unable to RESTRICT BACKGROUND DATA after upgrading to VS98546A?
Snn5
Legend

Go to Settings-Apps-tap app you want to change.  Then scroll to DATA and tap.  Then tap Restrict.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's a perfect set of instructions.  If you try that and it doesn't work, we are still here for you. 
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

RRosneberg

These instructions worked perfectly before the Marshmallow upgrade. After the upgrade my attempts to restrict background data yield the following message "Unfortunately, the process com.android.settings has stopped". This message is consistent on every application I have attempted to restrict INCLUDING all the applications which were already restricted before the Marshmallow upgrade.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Have you used Smart Cleaning to clear the cache or have you gone to settings-storage-tapped cache to clear?

You can also clear the cache just for Settings in the same Apps screen.

If so and no dice, try a factory reset.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
RRosneberg

Those are great steps provided by SNN5. Please keep us posted with the results.

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

RRosneberg

Yes, Snn5, I did. Picked my most data intensive data application and cleared both storage data and cache. Unfortunately, it DID NOT affect my ability to restrict background data settings. I want to emphasize again that this issue seems to have arisen post marshmallow upgrade. Oddly enough I change the background data settings a few time over the past few days but all the changes were done in the Lollipop OS

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Very well.  A factory Data Reset is your next step.

0 Likes
RRosneberg

Lots of steps to try before a factory data reset. In my case the solution was Application Manager > Reset app preferences.

0 Likes