lg g2 won't obtain ip address, after factory reset android 5.0.2
mklybor
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just did a factory reset on my LG G2, running android 5.0.2  It goes in into the dreaded "obtaining IP address loop", and will not connect to my wi-fi router. I tried a static IP address. It connected, but refused to get any internet connectivity.  This has all been working for many years with this and other devices. None of which are experiencing any difficulties.  It was working fine prior to the factory reset.  It does get a 4G mobile connection and otherwise appears to be operating normally. No  changes made to router. power cycled the router. everything else still connected just fine. Don't ever remember this issue with this phone previously.  Something with the factory reset.....

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: lg g2 won't obtain ip address, after factory reset android 5.0.2
mklybor
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks

The reset was done because over the years too much junk had built up on the phone. something was consuming excessive battery and there was no way to find out what. so clear it and start over.

I was able to connect to a different router, so it looks like the basic Wi-Fi function is working.

it is a Verizon fios router. the phone has connected to it flawlessly for years.

just tried to connect now, and it worked. who knows what happened over that time interval.

all good now, thanks for the followup.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mklybor,

I rely on WiFi every day and would be concerned too if this were happening to my device. Why did you originally need to perform the factory reset? What is the make and model of your router? What happens when you try to connect to a different WiFi source?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mklybor, I apologize you are having issues with your device and let's work together on getting this resolved so you can connect to your WiFi. Please remove the the Wi-Fi connection from the settings and try to connect again. http://vz.to/1TW7KP6

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mklybor
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks

The reset was done because over the years too much junk had built up on the phone. something was consuming excessive battery and there was no way to find out what. so clear it and start over.

I was able to connect to a different router, so it looks like the basic Wi-Fi function is working.

it is a Verizon fios router. the phone has connected to it flawlessly for years.

just tried to connect now, and it worked. who knows what happened over that time interval.

all good now, thanks for the followup.

0 Likes