data usage discrepancy
melparent

since switching to the LG G2, my data usage has tripled even though I have not changed any of my habits from the old phone.  Why is this phone using so much more data to do the exact same things as my old phone?!

0 Likes
Re: data usage discrepancy
Snn5
Legend

Are you staying connected to wifi?  Do you have any apps running wild in the background when on mobile network?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
melparent,

Keeping your data usage on track is definitely important, so I understand your concern. What phone did you previously have?  Have you checked the data usage details online to see when the data is being used? You can use the Data Utilization tool http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/data-utilization-faqs/?lid=sayt&sayt=data%20utili* to help get a better idea of how you are using the data.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
kspry

I bought my LG G2 last year and my data has been outrageous. I went from using not quite 2 GB to 5, sometimes 6GB. I don't do anything any different than I used to do. I love everything about my phone but that! I even connect to WiFi at work now where as I never did before.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

What phone did you switch from?  There are some good points to be made and explanations as to why this is the case.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Reference this detailed thread about how 3G and 4G devices differ in data use.

4G LTE will use twice as much data as 3G, plan ahead

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kspry,

I completely understand your concern. Have you used our Data Utilization tool http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/data-utilization-faqs/?lid=sayt&sayt=data%20utilization* to see how the data is being used? Also visit http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-87381/ for tips to help optimize your data usage.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

That Data Utilization Tool is wildly inaccurate.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand your concern Snn5. While we will never be able to see exactly what has been accessed for your privacy, the data utilization tool works to give you a general idea of what the device is using when it comes to the internet. What is inaccurate about the usage specifically when you look at your usage?

CandiceH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I will give one example:  Visit Facebook via browser and DUT deems that social networking.  Use the FB app, same result. 

0 Likes