can't setup hotmail to work with the default mail app
mklybor
Enthusiast - Level 2

just got a G2 to replace an old droid phone and I cannot get Hotmail to work. It complains about invalid login information, even though the user name and pswd are correct. has anyone gotten this to work? I don't want to use the Hotmail app as I have multiple email accounts that work just fine and want a single app to read them all. never had any problems with this on several prior phones.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can't setup hotmail to work with the default mail app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's look further into this mklybor! Please ensure that the setting "Connect devices and apps with POP" is enabled in the Hotmail account. Options (gear icon in top right) > Settings > Connect devices and apps with POP > Enable. If the above option is turned off, device cannot add hotmail account with POP3 option. Please test and share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's look further into this mklybor! Please ensure that the setting "Connect devices and apps with POP" is enabled in the Hotmail account. Options (gear icon in top right) > Settings > Connect devices and apps with POP > Enable. If the above option is turned off, device cannot add hotmail account with POP3 option. Please test and share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mklybor
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, that fixed it. thanks.

please note that this change is made to outlook.com via web site, and not as part of adding the account to the phone.

Mike

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rozzer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Will changing that on the web site affect other devices using Hotmail?

0 Likes