Why won't verizon do anything about their software update killing the battery life of LG G2?
jh112
Enthusiast - Level 2

The software update to lollipop has destroyed many peoples phones. It seems only verizon's update to the G2 has this problem, not other carriers.

Multiple factory resets didn't help. Verizon has told me it is my problem now and I should sign up for a new contract to replace the phone they broke. What kind of company company breaks their customers phones and then offers a solution that you need to buy a new one? Verizon charges top dollar to their customers and treats them so poorly. The FCC has a site to file complaints about equipment problems like this. I suggest all those with the same issue take advantage of that to see it it will prompt verizon to do something about the problem them inflicted on their customers.

Re: Why won't verizon do anything about their software update killing the battery life of LG G2?
Snn5
Legend

Hmmm, wonder why I had 0 issues with my update.  Might be the way in which different people update in different ways.

0 Likes
Re: Why won't verizon do anything about their software update killing the battery life of LG G2?
jh112
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not everyone had issues but many people did. Consider yourself one of the lucky ones. The issues are widely reported if you google it. Also the update is automatic. I don't think people are doing anything extra than following the on screen prompts.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, I have been a loud voice for the G2 for quite some time, take a look-see, search the forums, many threads, much success, many dismay and such update!

I really wish there was a preface to the update instructing users to charge to 100%, backup all things, uncheck options to re-install apps and app data, wipe, then take the update and use phone until the power was low enough to turn itself off, then recharge while off.

It just seems to work better when you install on a clean system rather than installing over the current set up and apps. Even if you factory reset again after having installed the update over the current setup, it doesnt seem to do as well as starting fresh before installing.

0 Likes
jh112
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will try a 5th factory reset and see how that goes. I have already done one where i reset the phone and then reset it again before adding any apps. Will try your method of fully charging and doing the reset but I did prior let the battery drain out and charged with the phone off after one of the factory resets. Draining the battery was an easy task and took no time at all.

I really wish Verizon would do something for the people that got their phones ruined because of the update more than just the "generous" solution of buying a new phone and contract from them. I was also given the option in store to buy an external battery pack from them as another "solution". I am also worried that if they ever do finally decide to actually release a fix for the issue that I will have done so many recharge cycles on the phone that the non-replaceable internal battery capacity will be diminished permanently from being recharged 3 times each day. Currently I get 6 hours on 100% charge and that is with not even checking an email. Just standby. Open any apps or use the browser and the percentage drops every minute or two. The G2 was an awesome phone up until this update pushed out by verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jh112,

Getting the most out of your battery is definitely important, so I understand how you feel. I want to further investigate this and help find a solution. Please reply to the direct message I sent you so we can better assist.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Chefmic

I agree completely with the issue of battery life. I can go to bed with a 90 - 100% charge, then wake-up with less than 50%? That makes no sense to me..... Do I really need to go to my task manager and running apps screen every time and close all running apps just to save battery life?

I have never had an issue with battery life before lollypop was down loaded, and I play games and run I Heart, Slacker and many other apps. Very upsetting that I have to carry my charge with me all the time.  I understand that lollypop is the new OS and that either way these phones are going to have it on them, but it this will make me reconsider purchasing another LG phone. Which is unfortunate because I have been very pleased with the performance and battery life that I used to have with this phone.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It's LP not LG.  Have a look-see at HTC and ALL Samsung phone LP threads.

0 Likes
jh112
Enthusiast - Level 2

To: Verizon Wireless Customer Support

I did respond directly to you several times initially you just agreed that your G2 phone also has the same issue after the update. Then my questions did not get replied to. I am not helped by knowing your experiencing the same issue. I know its a problem and want support, not agreement that it exists.

0 Likes