Why is my battery draining so fast?
GiampaLG2

I have had my G2 for about a month. It works perfect except for the battery life. It has started draining rapidly even when I am not using it. (About 80% down to 10% at night, even with battery saver on).  I only have a handful of apps, and really don't have anything running in the background that I know of. Is this something Verizon should replace? When I first got the phone I could go a whole workday without charging at all.

0 Likes
Re: Why is my battery draining so fast?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi GiampaLG2,

The LG G2 is a great device! Let's get the battery running to full performance again. Did anything occur during the time this started? Any software updates? What apps are you running on your device? Any antivirus software? Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
petehermans

my phone wont charge, wont go over 15% and tells me to use original cord which i am. wtf.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

likely your cable or your adapter is bad.

try your cable and your phone on a PC, or even an apple charger. it should charge slower than with the LG G2 charger. If it doesn't charge at all, suspect your cable, and use another high-quality cable, preferrably an OEM cable. if you are near a store, bring it in.

you also might have to do an FDR.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Uh oh! stef7 gave some very helpful advice. We first want to start with the charger to narrow it down to make sure it isn't the battery. Have you been able to try a different charger?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes