Unable to charge G2 via USB?
jleftwich

Plugged in my G2 overnight Saturday night when it was down to about 25%, woke up on Sunday morning to see it hovering at around 80/81% and discharging. After looking at the battery stats, I was able to tell that it charged to over 90% before stopping charging completely and starting to discharge.

I was using the original cord and power brick when it happened, if that makes any difference.

I have confirmed that the issue is not any of the specific chargers that I have around (either the cords or the brick, and have used both the OEM one as well as others) - and I have booted into Safe Mode to see if that would solve the problem - it did not.

Luckily, I was able to get a wireless Qi charger from a friend as that is the only way that my phone will (very slowly) charge.

Help!

0 Likes
Re: Unable to charge G2 via USB?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jleftwich,

Let's get this charging issue figured out! Have you ever notice charging issues before Saturday? Did anything new happen to the device, like a new software update, before this started? Is there any debris or damage to that actual charging port in the phone?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes