Revolution shuts down or locks up.
chrispythor

I have had 3 LG revolutions (2) replacements and every one of them has either locked up to the point that I had to pull out the battery or the phone itself shuts down while surfing the net.  I am not sure but it seems to happen more frequently when it is switching from 3g to 4g in Orlando, Tampa, and Gainesville.  The stock keyboard also double types the first letter of any stock ticker symbol I put in marketwatch.com. Any other LG Revolution owners out there please go to marketwatch and type in the search box to see if your first letter double types.  It does not do it on any other brand phone so it is not the website. It is a shame to be paying for a service in which you can not use it as advertised.

Anybody else having these problems? All of the tech support people I have worked with say they have not had these problems with the LG revolution. After the first replacement I quit loading any apps on the phones so I KNOW that is not the problem.

It appears that the 4g LTE  network is causing a lot of problems when switching back and forth to 3g and 4g.  I have even noticed people complaining about the phones not being able to transmit or recieve data on the new Bionic.

Please tell me I am not alone with this issue, I am tired of changing out phones with the same result.  I have even considered trading out to the Samsung Charge, but I am reading that it has the problem too?

Anybody having the same problems?

0 Likes
Re: Revolution shuts down or locks up.
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

Mine shuts down daily and freezes up and when I shut down I have to pull battery maybe 3 times before it powers back up. Called VZW and they keep saying never heard of this problem. Other people on another forum say same thing Verizon never heard of phone shutting off. **bleep**

0 Likes
chrispythor

Thanks for the feedback..atleast I know I am not alone.

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Community,

I know this situation would be a bit frustrating for anyone.  LG is aware of this issue and are working on a resolution as soon as possible.  I do not have an exact date, but I can say more than likely this resolution will come in a software form.  Your patience is much appreciated.  Thank you.  

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

TominqueBo_VZW wrote:

Hello Community,

I know this situation would be a bit frustrating for anyone.  LG is aware of this issue and are working on a resolution as soon as possible.  I do not have an exact date, but I can say more than likely this resolution will come in a software form.  Your patience is much appreciated.  Thank you.  

Thank you Tominque for a postive answer to the problem. Your the first to say they are working on it

0 Likes
BigCam

Ihave presented thsi problem to LG themselves and I get the "we are workign on it" answer. I am seriously hoping that the 2.3 bump in October will fix this. It's getting really old, mine freezes to the point where I have to do a hard reset to even get it to turn on. There is a thread aboutit here.

http://www.lgforum.com/forum/boards/carriers/verizon/topics/lg-revolution-vs910-4g-wont-reboot-after...

please if you are haivng this issue, chime in, the more of us who complain, hopefully the more attention they will give it. I'd love to trade my phone for a Charge or any other 4G device but of course my 14 days are up, so I'm stuck with a phone that constantly needs to be reset.

0 Likes
janice4545

Im haveing this issue also .So we are not alone but does anyone care ??

I dont want to replace my phone again I just want

it to  function .

0 Likes
mrbigg317

I have had the same problem with my Revolution it will shut down or if I'm on a call it resets or if I go to look something up the phone does not have a signal even 3G or 4G

0 Likes
mrbigg317

I have been having the same problem since I got the phone in July, had it replace and still having the same problems. The phone shuts down then are various time it will not have a 3G or 4G signal then I have to do a reset to get the phone to work. When the phone is working it is great but when it resets for no reason at all makes me want to throw it against the wall.

0 Likes