My Lg G2 turned off and wont turn back on ?
catydid17

I havent had my LG G2 long and it just turned off and won't turn back on i tried hold the power button and nothing. i plugged it in and nothing. ugh

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Lg G2 turned off and wont turn back on ?
Snn5
Legend

You might need to look into a warranty replacement at this point if you have any of the 1 year manufacturer's or Verizons extended warranty.  You might try a factory reset before but if that doesn't cure the issues, replacing might be the next step.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bdod23
Enthusiast - Level 3

try to continually hold down the power button to see if it boots up

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's take a closer look into your LG G2 issue! I know how important it is to have a fully functional device. How long has the device been charging? It may take up to 10-15 seconds while holding the power button for the device to turn .

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUpport

bjwylie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having a similar issue.

I plugged in my phone last night, it was almost dead. Then it charged for a bit, I checked my messages while it was plugged in and it was still charging so I left it (maybe 80%). Then I went to check it early this morning, should have been 100% by then, and it was turned off and wont turn back on (black screen no notification or power button lights).

I tried a soft reset (held power button for 5-10+ seconds multiple times), hard reset (volume down + power), safe mode (all 3 buttons), etc multiple times but none will work. No lights, no logo. 

I tested my charger on a different phone and it works so it is not the charger or battery life, I believe. It should be fully charged after all the time it spent on the charger. I also just plugged it in another charger for giggles and let it sit but nothing.

I didn't drop my phone or spill water on it, nor was it overheated to my knowledge. 

I'm not sure what's up Smiley Sad

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

bjwylie wrote:

I tried a soft reset (held power button for 5-10+ seconds multiple times), hard reset (volume down + power), safe mode (all 3 buttons), etc multiple times but none will work. No lights, no logo.

Try holding the power button (or power and volume down together) for up to 30 seconds - 5 or 10 seconds may just not be long enough.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Or, try to hold power and volume down and plug into charger at same time.  Doing the same when plugged into the PC starts download mode, but did notice that my phone came on when i tried this.

0 Likes
bjwylie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay, it finally turned on after holding down the power button for 30+ seconds but now my service isn't working. I'm either getting 1X or just x over the bars. I'm in the same area where I've been living where I used to get 3-4G.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

That's a start. 

With power on, remove the SIM card.  Power down  re-insert SIM, and power on.

Some say to remove SIM when device is off, but there seems to be something to breaking the connection between the SIM and network while powered on.

0 Likes
bjwylie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tried that, didn't work both powered on and off ways.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You might need to look into a warranty replacement at this point if you have any of the 1 year manufacturer's or Verizons extended warranty.  You might try a factory reset before but if that doesn't cure the issues, replacing might be the next step.

0 Likes