My LG G2 is not even a year old and the battery keeps dying in the middle of the day and I don't use the phone that much. Why does my battery die so quickly? It used to last a really long time
Stelly50
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My LG G2 is not even a year old and the battery keeps dying in the middle of the day and I don't use the phone that much. Why does my battery die so quickly? It used to last a really long time
Snn5
Legend

One or 2 things:  1.  Rogue app.  You can try GSam Battery Monitor in the Google Play Store.  It'll take a few hours to log what is really using the battery.  The built in stats on the phone are limited.  After this point maybe it was just an app running amok.  2.  Factory Reset the phone.  This should be done every few months and always after an update to the phones OS.  Either way, make sure to run the battery down completely, leave off, then charge.  The G2 takes 3 hours of run time from 100% to start metering the useage. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My LG G2 is not even a year old and the battery keeps dying in the middle of the day and I don't use the phone that much. Why does my battery die so quickly? It used to last a really long time
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get some battery power back in your life! When did the issues begin with the battery? Do you notice if it takes longer than normal to charge?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

One or 2 things:  1.  Rogue app.  You can try GSam Battery Monitor in the Google Play Store.  It'll take a few hours to log what is really using the battery.  The built in stats on the phone are limited.  After this point maybe it was just an app running amok.  2.  Factory Reset the phone.  This should be done every few months and always after an update to the phones OS.  Either way, make sure to run the battery down completely, leave off, then charge.  The G2 takes 3 hours of run time from 100% to start metering the useage. 

0 Likes
Stelly50

How do I factory reset the phone? Will that wipe out all my pictures and contacts? 

0 Likes
Stelly50

Yes it does take longer than normal to charge and is back to very low battery status in a few hours with not much use.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can either use a cloud service like Google Drive, or use the built in Verizon Cloud Backup, or you could plug the phone into a computer and use it like a USB drive and copy the photos from there to the PC.  Your contacts are backup up through Google if you've been saving contacts to your Google account, otherwise Verizon has a backup on the phone as well and when you restart the phone after wipe you can select either or both accounts to restore from.

To factory Reset:  Go to Settings (pull down notification bar click on gear top right corner).  Then go to Back up and Reset.  At the bottom is Factory data reset.  Press that then press reset phone.  It WILL be completely wiped, but it will keep the current OS version.  It'll be like you just bought it.

0 Likes