LG Revolution Gmail Sync Problem
Xlinn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Guys 

Can some of you help me on this situation.  My Gmail  for some reason won't sync with my account.  I never get any alert telling me that I have new mail. I had tried with the setting but I still having the same problem. It will only sync if I open my mail and hit the inbox key.   Any advise??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Revolution Gmail Sync Problem
Xlinn
Enthusiast - Level 2

AntonioC-VZW and ANN154,

Thx guys for the help, I just went to a Verzion Store to get my phone fix, for my surprise the issue was a phone software problem.  After trying differeng settings on my phone I decided to do a factory data reset. After doing that, the phone never came back up. I kept getting an error message. ( Insert phone sim card), at the store the representative gave me a new sim card, but I kept getting the same error message. They made some calls and they determined that my phone was defective. They issued me a new LG Revolution phone.  I just sync my acct. and Its working just  fine. Now I get notification every time I get a new mail.

THX for your help guys!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Are you using the gmail app or the email application to get your gmail? The gmail app should open at your inbox.

Do you have auto-sync turned on? Go to settings > accounts & sync > auto-sync checked on. Also verify the the settings under the gmail account while you are in that section.

Open the gmail app and press menu > select "more" > Settings scroll down to email notifications > verify "email notifications" are checked on.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Xlinn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im using the gmail app ( the one with the red and white envelope). I have everything on. " auto-sync and email notification" still not getting any notification in the bar when there is new email. Like I said before the only way I can get new messgs. is when I manualy go to the inbox and hit the refresh option.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Xlinn wrote:

Guys 

Can some of you help me on this situation.  My Gmail  for some reason won't sync with my account.  I never get any alert telling me that I have new mail. I had tried with the setting but I still having the same problem. It will only sync if I open my mail and hit the inbox key.   Any advise??

Thank you Ann154 for the great input!

Xlinn, if you're still unable to get email alerts, please ensure that background data is enabled. Menu>Settings>Accounts&Sync>Background data. This will allow your email application to sync in the background and present you with alerts as emails come in.

0 Likes
Xlinn
Enthusiast - Level 2

AntonioC-VZW and ANN154,

Thx guys for the help, I just went to a Verzion Store to get my phone fix, for my surprise the issue was a phone software problem.  After trying differeng settings on my phone I decided to do a factory data reset. After doing that, the phone never came back up. I kept getting an error message. ( Insert phone sim card), at the store the representative gave me a new sim card, but I kept getting the same error message. They made some calls and they determined that my phone was defective. They issued me a new LG Revolution phone.  I just sync my acct. and Its working just  fine. Now I get notification every time I get a new mail.

THX for your help guys!!

0 Likes