LG G2 Manufacturer In-Warranty Issue
eblue160
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the message listed below from Asurion when I attempted to file a claim for my LG G2 which has had a defective screen that is getting worse by the day since the latest Android upgrade for it, which I understand is a common problem with this particular device. I need to upgrade to a new device ASAP because more functions are being impacted daily and I can barely use the phone anymore.

"The Total Equipment Coverage program provides coverage for enrolled devices that are lost, stolen, damaged including liquid damage, and malfunction after one year from the date of purchase. What you have described is a malfunction within one year of the date of purchase which would be covered under the manufactures warranty. Please contact Verizon Wireless Technical Support at and explain that you have an in-warranty issue."

According to Asurion I cannot file a claim for the device for this reason, Would the device (purchased in November 2013) in fact be covered under manufacturer warranty?

0 Likes
Re: LG G2 Manufacturer In-Warranty Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello eblue160!

I'm so sorry to learn of the fate of your device. Please allow me to clarify this for you, and I'm sure we can get to the bottom of it for you.  Warranties cover any defects in the phone, but a broken/cracked/damaged screen is not covered by the warranty on the device. So, this means that your issue is.....kind of in the middle. Let me ask a couple of questions. What exactly is happening to your screen? How is it getting worse?

I also want to explain the extended warranty you have. As long as you have

Total Equipment Coverage, you will have a warranty on that device. Then again, if a warranty replacement is sent out, and the screen si considered damaged, then you can be charged for it. To make sure, I would strongly recommend visiting a Verizon Wireless corporate location vzw.com/storelocator for a hands-on evaluation. This way, one of the store representatives can take a look at it personally.

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: LG G2 Manufacturer In-Warranty Issue
eblue160
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Christina,

Thanks for your reply! I did a chat session with Caleb from Verizon Tech Support earlier and he helped clear everything up for me. The touch screen just doesn't work anymore since the latest Android upgrade for it back in January and I can't access most of the apps, also I have to use the microphone to compose a text because most of the letters on the keyboard don't work anymore. He ran a diagnostic test on it and mentioned that he could do a factory reset and if the problem persisted then I would have to pay $149 for LG to send a refurbished replacement LG G2, or I could just purchase a new device, which both of us agreed would be best since I'd rather not go with a refurbished phone and also want to avoid the screen problem happening again with the second LG G2 later on. It would have also been the same cost with Asurion for a refurbished G2.  He advised me to copy all of my photos/videos to my PC and also take note of all my contacts, as I do not have the cloud on my phone and can't access the Play Store to download it because the screen doesn't work, and I plan to go to my local Verizon store this week to look at the G4 and G5 devices.

0 Likes