LG G2 Keyboard - Microphone Button
pcasey250

My Samsung had a "microphone" on the keyboard so if I wanted to reply to an email or text by voice, I would hit that button and then I could use the voice features.

There is no similar button on the keyboard for the G2.  Anyone know how it can get it,

0 Likes
Re: LG G2 Keyboard - Microphone Button
mullaneyrm9801
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is this option...it's under the keyboard settings.  You have to click the little gear shift thing to the left of the spacebar on the keyboard and check the box next to the "Voice Input"..then it shows up.

0 Likes
warlie

Did not fix my problem. Was turned on but could not be turned off. could not adjust. 1st time I went to a Verizon store and after going thru 5 people they finally turned it on. Now it is again faintly on and has no way to change setting. Go figure

0 Likes
Catch_22

After you've verified that the keyboard mic is turned on in Settings...

With the keyboard (LG2 default in this case; others, ymmv) displayed, touch and hold the Settings (gear) button left of the spacebar: you should see a popup icon menu above your fingertip. I see (presumably default) microphone  / pencil / settings / clipboard(?).

Bearing in mind that I haven't gone down this particular rabbit hole yet, the mic icon should be what you're looking for.

0 Likes