Re: LG G2 5.0 Update Issues?
jamesdixn1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dont update at all costs

stef7
Master - Level 2

The problems people have experienced with the S5, and now they are rolling out another update for some S5 owners, and some still have problems. Oh my.

Horrible.

I think I'll just defer / decline Lollipop on my G2 until someone tells me what is ACTUALLY better and necessary with Lollipop AND people aren't getting bitten by it.

And if I take it, I'll probably backup my important stuff, perform a FDR, then take the OTA.

What a waste of time and energy.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I would say to wait a bit as from what I was told , their is still some minor issues now being worked on. Google already has a couple of fixes to go now. It's a much smaller problem now then S5, but still there.  They can't get this plane to fly...normal.

(stef7)  I think I'll just defer / decline Lollipop on my G2 until someone tells me what is ACTUALLY better and necessary with Lollipop AND people aren't getting bitten by it.

And if I take it, I'll probably backup my important stuff, perform a FDR, then take the OTA.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Thanks, I plan on waiting. Possibly, I'll just get a new device in November. The LG G2 works very well on KK, minus a few things I think are wierd, but stable and a battery sipper.

If Google is still fixing somethings in Lollipop (I take it S5 and the other platforms) then it isn't ready for prime time, and it shouldn't be pushed on any platform no matter the amount of begging and pleading from the user community. People simply don't know what they are complaining for when they wonder what's taking so long, and they threaten to go to another carrier over such silly stuff.

What still kills me, I cannot determine the upside to this Major upgrade. It has not been explained anywhere in sufficient detail to even make a strong argument for taking it and dealing with the usability problems it introduces, even if it's made stable.

I hope I'm not bothered with requests asking if the update should be taken or deferred. Really!

jmcdoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

A couple of things I've noticed about the update:

The good:

My G2 is much smoother in its general use. Almost no stuttering at all.

The bad:

Battery. I'm a Waze user and on 4.4.2 I was able to plug the phone into my 2.1mAh charger in my car and it would recharge while I had Waze open and active for my ~45 minute commute. On this, my first commute since the update, the phone was at 100% battery when I left. By the time I got to work, it was down to 88%...even though it was plugged into a 2.1mAh charger the whole time. This is going to be problematic if a fast charger can't keep up with the phone while it's on. Makes navigation useless.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Excellent reply and I fully agree!

Snn5
Legend

I confirm smooth, error-free operation with all aspects fully functional.  Please refer to my first reply.  Clean install, don't shortcut.  Any questions about how to do this properly, just ask, but don't give me jive about "Well, I shouldn't have to update, or I shouldn't have to wipe to update," or any of that jazz.  You want the update to work or not?

Snn5
Legend

Spot on:

Snn5
Legend

It might take you 2-3 days of charging cycles to level out.  Mine is still getting 20-25 hours use time.

Snn5
Legend

Only thing that took getting used to was the fact that you must set your Alarm as a priority app if you use Down Time or Interruptions.