Re: LG G2 5.0 Update Issues?
Snn5
Legend

Yeah, I did my homework, and I am one of the few with no issues at present, hence why I started this thread looking for users with issues.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I will state that as Verizon users, we DO get the short end of the stick as far as control over the phone goes.  Even some pre-paid carriers with LG phones have LG Backup, which backs up your entire home screen setup including settings and folders and also allows an "image" backup of all apps, settings, appearances and the whole 9 yards, so that if you did factory reset and have that back up on an SD card or saved to a PC, you can reload and back to where you were before an FDR.  Of course, you wouldn't want to use that back up after an update since it would restore app settings which might not be optimal, but its a good thing to have should you need a regular wipe at some point.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Oh, and most pre-paid carriers allow uninstall of all bloatware, save 1 or 2 that are for user-account control.

0 Likes
AMHMBL1998

I am not a fan of this new update either!  When it first installed, all my pictures disappeared.  Luckily they downloaded back on my phone (as I have it set up to back up every hour).  I'm also not impressed with how slow it runs now or how fast my battery drains, even when I'm not using it.  A positive note, at least my phone doesn't silence itself anymore during the night.  I hope this problem gets fixed soon.  Playing games right now is irritating because of the lag!!

0 Likes
Hflo
Enthusiast - Level 1

hate the new update, my phone  is incredibly slow and laggy. It takes several seconds for any app to open. My texts don't send very quickly and I am having trouble sending MMS. I feel like I am back in the "old" days of dial up internet!

Snn5
Legend

Factory Data Reset.

Snn5
Legend

FDR.

0 Likes
sagis
Enthusiast - Level 1

This update is terrible, to say the least. Did anyone test this before pushing this out?

I get massive amounts of lag anywherei need to input something. whatsup has become painful to use.

The battery will drain completely when i leave the phone overnight, doing nothing.

Games also run super-slow, and the phone in general feels like it got a huge downgrade.

I'd go back to 4.4, if i could.

0 Likes
sagis
Enthusiast - Level 1

and this is after doing a factory data reset, btw

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like you need a warranty replacement.

0 Likes